Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk 2.5 facelift

dezwez

hi my engine number is QQDB  or Q7DA  What I would like to no is does

anyone no the code number for the gearbox my car is the facelift mk 2.5 petrol  1.8 also could a mk 2 gearbox fit

thanks in adv

Same car and engine as mine pal, the gearbox is an IB5 box, don't know if there's a code for it or not, think they're pretty much the same ratios across the range. Had to have my second gear synchro replaced back in February.

Ford also fit an MT75 box on some of the more powerful models I think.

What was the issue with your Gearbox fella the IB5 is usually bullet proof?  Although I have noticed that my box is a bit clunky on taking up drive in both 1st and 2nd gear where as the IB5 in my old fold focus was faultless

the final drive exploded and now has two big holes in the bell housing it had the right oil in and leave

was right so god no how it happened 

My clutch cylinder went back in October while I was in busy urban traffic, I then panicked and tried frantically to force it into second gear to get me going, which I did but stalled a couple of times on the way, no mobile phone on me and no RAC or AA.

I managed to get to an Asda store about 14 miles away from home after driving in second gear for about 15 miles, where I phoned my mechanic friend who recovered me and then  changed my clutch, cost £500.

After having the car back I noticed it was crunching into second gear, I had screwed up the second gear synchro unknowns to me. Had to wait to save up to have that done in February in a local gearbox repair centre, cost £450, so my clutch release cylinder going cost me £950 in total. If I'd known when the clutch was being changed, it could have been repaired while the box was out, gutted 😞

Badtimes dude, noticed that my clutch has started to get a bit heavier of late hopefully it was last a bit longer .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club