Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!!

mickod88

Was out driving when this happened. Any ideas what it is and if I can fix it myself just to last a couple more months!

Its from the centre of the car I just moved it round to rest on something as I was away from home when it snapped. 

All help greatly appreciated!

20170514_133410.jpg

What am I looking at here? a fuel tank strap?

• Like 1

hard to tell, i also think it looks like it might be fuel tank strap. a full tank of fuel is very heavy. that would put a strain on whatever else is holding the tank. and if this one snapped then any other fixing could also be in dodgy condition. If you were doing 70mph went over a bump and the fuel tank dropped down, I would say this could potentially be very dangerous to anyone behind you. If it is a fuel tank strap and it was my car I would be very worried about the safety of using the car

• Like 2

Whole underside of that car looks as rotten as a pear.
Is it road legal and mot in date?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Looks rough underneath even for our weather up here! Fuel tank strap but check the state of where you would have to attach it?

Looks to me like one of the fixings for the fuel strap may have come loose or failed either way it wants sorting 

MOT is in date and isn't due until June ot July. Not that I'm putting it through one anyway! Fuel tank stap seems to be the common suggestion for this, and I will get under it atbsone point today and take a look. Hopefully temporarily attach it or get something to replace it with for the tine being.

Good luck it may be a case that the bracket has rusted through where it fixes to the body as where the bracket turns through 90deg it has a high stress point 

13 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Whole underside of that car looks as rotten as a pear.
Is it road legal and mot in date?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just a standard ford then :lol:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club