Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regen issues

penfold14

My 2.0 tdci has development an annoying issue. It appears that it is doing a regen every day sometimes twice a day. It spends it's days on motorways, and irs usually when I come off and stop at the end of the slip road, the fan is on, and fuel consumption at idle is at 0.6g/hr rather than the normal 0.1g/hr at idle. Once the fan switches off the fuel consumption is norman at idle which is why I am assuming its a regen cycle. Temp always normal. Car runs fine, and no errors have been displayed. Its very rarely used for short journeys. Can't see why it would br trying to do so many regen cycles but not throwing out any errors. Its serviced regularly by my local indy. Anyone any ideas. ?...
Btw its the 2.0tdci with the 6 speed powershift box

• 4 weeks later...

If it is regenerating every day then there maybe an issue with one of the sensors possibly the DPF pressure sensor which measures soot levels.  I have found with our 2014 CMAX 1.6 tdci that the car regenerates loads more on Shell diesel but on BP it isnt so regular.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club