Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiring LED DRL to sidelights

Nico.

hello... i got a new mark 7 fiesta and am trying to wire up the drl's to the sidelights, they have jus a simple 2 wire connection but i dont quite know how to get them wired up to my sidelights and dont want to have a punt at it and ruin the car

thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

hello... i got a new mark 7 fiesta and am trying to wire up the drl's to the sidelights, they have jus a simple 2 wire connection but i dont quite know how to get them wired up to my sidelights and dont want to have a punt at it and ruin the car

thanks in advance

drls are supposed to run on their own if you wire them to the sidelights they will only work with sidelights on ide have thought which is defeating the purpose as far as im aware they should be wired to the ignition using relays so that they activate with ignition on but as my mot tester mate has informed me they must switch off when the main headlights are switched on

DRLs that do not utilise normal low beam headlights

must deactivate whenever normal headlights come on.

from the rac paper on drls

you may also find not many are approved for the uk either depends on how picky the tester is but i know they are being failed

this is from audi how they are meant to be done its pretty involved my mech mate said hes had guys in wanting them fitted and they wont do it as half the drls are illegal read this article first then look at whats involved http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec123.shtml

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club