Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta v new Citroen C3 v new VW Polo...

Nightowl

As for price - if you look at the target prices rather than the RRP, there is only a few hundred between then and on a 12K car that only about 5% - definately worth the extra for that

At least they had the best colour one!

I don't think I know of anyone that's paid full list price on a new Fiesta? :lol: The price is high but they do offer large discounts, usually without even asking for one :unsure: I like the new Polo, a friend of mine has a white one and it looks awesome!

Not really a fan of the Citroen , its an improvement over the old model though. And the Fiesta is still the most fun to look at and probably own/drive :D

I don't think I know of anyone that's paid full list price on a new Fiesta? :lol:

My company lease is based on list price (£16880 !) but the monthly cost is still better than cheaper (and obviously inferior) alternatives.

The price of the Fez is beginning to get a little bit ludicrous now really. The list on mine is now £16900.33 and I know there are others on here who's will be about a grand on top of that! I know nobody ever pays anything near this value but if you're buying on finance like I am then the far superior residuals of something like an Audi A3 (52% after 3 yrs) or Mini Cooper S (54%) make them just as affordable to someone like me when compared to the Fez's paltry 37%. Shame I can't afford to run or insure one as Ford would have lost a customer. The thing is with the demand for the the Fiesta at the moment Ford can seemingly charge what they want and come up with duff excuses like blaming the weakness of the pound - all of the other manufacturers coped!

Interesting article by Mike Rutherford - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/caradv...ont-add-up.html

So Ford charge the most and have the highest sales volumes? Make hay while the sun shines I suppose.

If you could charge a 30% premium and still have huge demand, you would. Ford Europe are one of the only manufacturers who have not made noises about being hard-up in the economic downturn. Sales continue to grow and I suspect that Ford's long-term aim is to replace the Volkswagen as the 'slightly more desirable' common family runabout/hatch as time goes by.

Anyone who believes that the VW Golf/Polo is simply that much better in terms of quality and reliability than the Focus/Fiesta is living in a fantasy world in the 1990's where VW were once better than Ford and Vauxhall. Not any more.

That said, the Fiesta prices, even after discount, are absolutely insane for a small car. Makes a £27k Focus RS seem cheap, eh? Probably a shorter waiting list too.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club