Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DV6 Turbo Banjo Leak

TomsFocus

Not sure if I should be worrying about this or not...

There's a recent 'misting' of oil coming from the banjo bolt area and running down the oil pipe.  

It could be that it's just working loose...  But I'm wondering if the gauze is in there being an early 08 plate car and now blocking up, causing the oil to find an easier path. :unsure:

Does anyone elses leak there?  Is it likely to snap if I try tightening it a little?

IMG_20171218_154835749.thumb.jpg.63e3e9a28caa66eebbf742511fd46f60.jpg

I would be tempted to remove it and replace the copper washers and see what happens. 

Thst said, perhaps now is a good time to fit the revised pipe for peace of mind. 

• Like 1

I'm intending to change the car at the beginning of next year so I'd rather not change the feed pipe tbh.

Replacing the copper washers is a good idea though, I'll try to find out what size they are.

I don't know if these are known for snapping or not.I would be surprised if that happened as it won't corrode up as the thread is subject to getting oil.  To replace the washers you would have to remove the bolt, so given that you are going to turn the bolt you may as well try doing it up slightly tighter first and see if that fixes it. Of course if it is already very tight I wouldn't try forcing it tighter

Copper washers will cost you next to nothing atleast.

best bit of advice I can give with regards to a banjo bolt is give it several sharp hits with a hammer first! You'd be surprised how many I have removed from brake calipers doing it this way without using a ratchet or bar of sorts - and to look at you'd think no way that's coming out! 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club