Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus electrical problems

FordFocus2005

Hi,

I was driving home the other night and my radio stopped working, interior light for the hazard button wouldn't work and the warning lights for airbags and drivers seat belt warning lights came on the dash.

There was also a plastic burning smell, like there had been surge in the wires which had caused the plastic coating to melt.

I drove the car yesterday on a short journey and all of the electrical faults were gone apart from the radio which still wasn't working although there is now a clicking noise coming from the fuse box although I have checked all the fuses and none of them have blown.

Today I have taken a few interior panels and the head unit out to see if I can find any burnt wires but without any success.

Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have any advice? My goal is to find the issue so I can get it fixed professionally.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club