Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost MK 7.5

Greyhurst

Hi, here is my 2016 Ford Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost MK 7.5 in frozen white.
yUQLZl.jpg
I bought the car brand new after having an extremely expensive BMW so primary reason was cheapness and easiness hense why I didn't go for an ST or ST line at least which I regret now.
Stock it comes with 98 BHP which isnt bad for a 1.0 anyway.
I began modding it a few months after having bought it purely as a bit of weekend fun and I wanted the maximum bang for buck mods.
So the first logical mod upon research was a remap which claimed a bold claim of 40 bhp gains and torque across the whole rev range. I went with super chips having used their website before and knowing of them. It arrived very quickly and was an absolute doddle to install just plug it in and follow the instructions on screen and in 15 mins the car was an absolutly changed animal, and then that was when the mod bug bit me for the car, it went from an economy standard car to a playful little hatch. Through work I got it dynoed expecting the claims to be on the high side however I dynoed it at 154 BHP which I was beyond happy with. Attached are dyno files. It was dynoed at the same time as an E36 BMW with a 2.3 saab turbo engine swap which was the 312 hp! As can be seen in the runs it seemed to lose power after the first run perhaps an overboost feature or heat?
FggzQ6.png
After the great success with the remap I decided to continue modding it, next came an air filter from J1 automotive having looking around it seemed the cheapest option including the MAF adapter. I decided to do this primarly from owning an N/A car before and loving the induction roar. Expecting turbo noises after install I discovered the car made a delightful sneezing sound described by friends as an asmatic dwarf but great fun none the less. This was later found out to be the build in recirc valve on the turbo, however very happy with this mod and the great sounds.
8Qn0yf.jpg
I next decided to tackle the suspension and this ended up being a bit trial and error for me, I firstly bought JOM coilovers however having run them for a few weeks nobody could get the alignment with the steering wheel tracking straight and the car not crabbing so I decided to take them off, and went for some AMAX springs on eBay for £50 which seemed a bargain, I then have the AMAX springs fitted on the front at a claimed 35mm drop however its considerabley more than that and the JOM rear coilovers on as the AMAX springs on the rear dropped it about 10mm and I simply matched the height of the front with the rear however went 1 CM higher on the rear to accomodate passengers etc.  I'm now relatively pleased with the height it doesnt scrape unless its a severe speed bump, however the wheels don't look great with the huge profile tyres and the rear wheels are tucked right into the car. Currently considering wheels with a lower offset and 16" with lower profile tyres.
WegApq.jpg
My final performance/exterior mod was the exhaust, I went about this with a Milltek decat downpipe, which I am very happy with the welds look great quality however it ended up being a right pig to remove the downpipe so that took longer than expected, the hardest part was actually getting it out of the car having undone all the bolts. The smaller decat downpipe was much easier to install and gave the car a satisfying roar under accerlation however I wanted it a bit louder. I firsly went about this with buying someone elses back box delete stock back box and welding in some straight pipe across the rear muffler however for me personally this was wayyy to loud and sounded terrible and a very raspy note to it, I solved this issue by putting in a clamp on 12" by 5" straight through silencer and I'm very very happy with the note now it's deep and a pleasant sound.
3kfL0o.jpg
I currenlty have on order a secondary intake hose from PumaSpeed so will update with regards to that.

I then moved onto some interior mods, during the winter I decdied to put in heated seats with controllers in the glovebox and driver side compartment, they are excellent in the winter months and especially during the Beast from the East! warm up very quickly and lovely. I then put in a boost gauge just kind of for the fun of it and similarly I put in some interior lighting that can change colour and sync to music.
gpwsOy.jpg
UEkZsv.jpg
Vi3eBb.jpg
All my mods were done at home on the driveway and i' m more than happy to share any wiring diagrams and technical info and personal experience.

Thank you for reading.

Looks good 👍. I'd be happy aswell if a remap gave a little more power than claimed. That's more power than the top power you can get from factory for that engine (140hp).

Are you planning on upgrading the lights. 

I hadn't even really considered upgrading the lights, what kind of upgrades are available?

Upgrading to LED for any of the lights: sidelights, indicaters etc. Autobeam are a really good company to get bulbs from. 

Hmm having a look I quite like the look of the LED colour changing fog lights does anyone have a tutorial on installation?

2 minutes ago, Greyhurst said:

Hmm having a look I quite like the look of the LED colour changing fog lights does anyone have a tutorial on installation?

I have the indicator rings kit. These come on white when wired to the sidelights and can change to amber when wired to the indicators 

IMG_20180204_190140_624.jpg

_20180206_170254.JPG

_20180301_125901.JPG

Looking on Autobeam they do a direct replacement bulb with a bluetooth module and it's just and RGB LED with a controller might consider that as it's nice and cheap :laugh: However the wheels for me at the biggest visual let down at the minute and the lack of a ST line spoiler and maybe some rear tint

Could look at getting ST line alloys and probably then upgrade the brakes to bigger ST ones. I recently fitted ST calipers and carriers along with ST size discs. You can check on my build thread for what I did. 

Yeah i've been looking at ST line alloys trouble is they are £400 for a set and i'm not too keen to spend all that money on it so I'm at a bit of a road block

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club