Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible to switch Mk7.5 (2014) centre console with Mk7 (2013)

illuvattarr

Hello everyone!

I own a Fiesta Mk7 from 2013 and am looking to replace it with a 2014 Mk7.5 version with more options and power.

However, the one thing that really bugged my while test driving was the centre armrest in the Mk7.5. It's just too high up and to the back and since I'm almost 2meters, the seat has to be all the way down so the armrest annoys me. So I'm thinking about switching the centre console with the one without armrest. They both only have 1 usb port, 1 aux port and a 12V power outlet.

I found some threads saying it wasn't too hard, but I'm looking for some confirmation for my specific case.

Would it be possible to switch the centre console from the Mk7 from 2013 (without armrest) with the centre console from the Mk7.5 from 2014 (with armrest)?
What is the difficulty level? And does someone have a (video)guide for this?

Thank you in advance!

It shouldn’t be difficult as the lower standard Fiestas don’t have an armrest. What might be difficult is matching up the colours, as they changed when they did the Facelift. 

Really? I am 6ft5 and the st line centre armrest isn't an issue for me. Wouldn't like to be without it.Don't have my seat to the floor, generally like to sit higher though.

58 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Really? I am 6ft5 and the st line centre armrest isn't an issue for me. Wouldn't like to be without it.Don't have my seat to the floor, generally like to sit higher though.

Yeah, I just am very used to having the seat almost all the way down. And I also like an actual armrest to rest my arm on. Because I only knock my elbow on the 'new' one.

But does anyone know for sure if this switching will work for the USB/aux/12V ? Exact same cable connectors?

Why not just get the centre console from a facelift Studio, Style or Zetec? They should be the same but without the armrest.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club