Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smax loss of power(Engine Malfunction warning)

hursty1978

Hi Newbie here!

We are having a  problem with 2011 1.6tdci titanium smax. Car went into limp mode (I think) wouldn't go above 25mph. RAC chap connected diagnostic machine which showed up error codes on 3 cylinders (2,3,4 I think) and a fuel pressure regulator fault. He cleared the codes and told me to take around the block and see what errors appeared. The only error that reappeared was the fuel pressure regulator and the Engine malfunction warning flashe up but then went off after a couple of seconds. Had to be towed home from Derby to Sheffield as RAC man couldn't inspect the regulator as they are apparently located at the back of the engine(Peugeot Engine?). Dealers diagnostic machine showed no error codes but they borrowed a better unit which then showed the regulator fault. They then cleared the faults again and took the car out round the block. Upon reconnecting the diagnostic machine it was now showing errors on cylinders 2,3,4 again. Garage where purchased admitted that they didn't know what the problem was so shipped the car out to A Ford Dealer in Rotherham. They have so far had the Injectors tested £140 cost to me so far which came back clear. Wiring to the injectors? checked and ok. Next they have checked engine compression? OK. Tried to run with clean fuel supply( suspected contamination but no improvement). Now they have told me that the flywheel(Duel mass flywheel) needs replacing?. Could the Flywheel affect performance ie cause vehicle to lose power and go into limp mode? best part of £850 to replace.

Thanks in advance Help!!!

Also to add that the Ford Dealer said the car runs reasonably well when warm but from a cold start it is noisy and sluggish ?.

Update,

Dealer has carried out compression test and reported that cylinder 1 is running at 320psi but 2/3 and 4 are running at 390psi?. Possible cause is bent Con rod?. They want approx £500 to remove cylinder head to investigate problem. Suggested that it could mean a new engine worst case circa £3/4k? as parts are not available to replace. Any ideas people?.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club