Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Focus 2.0TDCI -Issues

JonnyScholfield

Hi,

I hope someone can help me.. 

I have a 2007 mk2 focus 2.0TDCI, it runs ok most of the time but it will often go into limp mode and the turbo cuts out (one or the other normally, but can come together). The engine light does come on often on reset after limp mode, (turning off and on again gets rid of the limp). the engine fault code reads DPF Ash Accumulation. I have changed the DPF, EGR valve, DPF pressure sensor, all coming in around £1000 so getting frustrated now. the only think I can think now is a wiring loom chafing or the hoses for the pressure sensor, but haven't checked yet. the only other thing to not is that every now and then when holding at a constant rev, like on the motorway, it can have a jumpy ride for a couple of seconds, but this clears if you give it a little more throttle. 

Have noticed that the turbo seems to slowly cut out as well, maybe when the car is warmed up? this doesn't clear when you reboot the car as it does with limp mode. 

Help!!

Thanks 

9 hours ago, JonnyScholfield said:

it can have a jumpy ride for a couple of seconds, but this clears if you give it a little more throttle. 

have you changed your fuel filter ? if not i would do that next, it should help the above problem :smile:

Hmm I did but a bit before all the problems , I shall give that a go! Thanks

On 23/04/2018 at 6:17 PM, shamus1 said:

did you have egr programmed in to car?

Yeah I had the DPF and EGR reset too after they were replaced :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club