Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will my next service wipe MP215? 17P06 PCM Update

Dan P

My annual service is due next month. According to ETIS my Fiesta ST has a PCM update as an outstanding field action. Does anyone know whether this will overwrite the MP215 map and if so what I can do to prevent it? Can I instruct them not to apply the update and if so would this have any implications for my warranty?

5adef3aab25b7_FordServiceActions.PNG.575d56feb209118e4fa010bf5eb30b94.PNG

How was the MP215 applied?

If it was done properly, the map is registered with Ford so that when they apply PCM updates, it is the one which includes the map from Mountune.

• Like 1

Define "properly"! How would I know if it was done properly?

I had it done at TrustFord in Walthamstow and after they'd failed to order the parts twice they got it installed at the third attempt!

If a Ford dealer did it, it should have been done properly.

It will have been through Ford's IDS system that they applied the map originally.

I just meant if you'd bought the handset and done it yourself, then it wouldn't be registered on Ford's servers.

• Like 1

I also asked the question of Mountune, who very promptly replied with the following:

If you do have the MP215 kit which is installed via Fords database then you will be fine to have this work done.
The dealer who do the service will be able to apply the latest version of MP215 software which will have the outstanding field service action on, and this will not affect the vehicle.
However if your dealer are concerned at all then please get them to contact us.

Great customer service as I've come to expect!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club