Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 1.4tdci semi or fully synthetic oil?

BP2411

Hello everyone, my car is due an oil & filter change, I usually use 5w30 fully synthetic Petronas oil but eurocarparts is bringing up fully & semi synthetic for my reg and semi is significantly cheaper.  Which do I use? Also anyone here use a magnetic sump plug or is it just a scam?

Fully synthetic as far I know, the magnetic sump plug won't do any harm to have one but it's not really necessary 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the fast reply! 

Having magnetic oil drain plugs have saved us from catastrophic failures on various pieces of equipment (compressors, gearboxes etc.). They just give you a heads up that if you carry on going then you will blow the engine/box up. Fix it sooner and you won't have the gaping hole in the side.

Does anyone know what size sump plug and washer is on this engine?

The sump plug is 13mm on petrol models, I guess the diesel models are the same, make sure you use a six sided socket so yo get a better grip on it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club