Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Button

richardneal40

Ihave a 57 plate tdci the boot button on the dash has stopped opening the boot. I test on the switch says when you press it you get a signal so the switch must be working. The button on the key opens the boot so the solenoid or motor is working.  I can't see a fuse listed on the back of the glove box but it has to be after the dash button and before the solenoid. So if anybody has any idears

Did you have someone test the solenoid while you were pressing the button? This is different than just having power at the switch. 

The fuses most likely are good since the key fob works it--speaking of which, did you repair your previous fob problem since they might be related to the GEM (general electronic module, located under dash).

There is a self-test for the GEM and if you "passed the button test", let me know if you need it.

Thank you can you let me know how to do the test on GEM please.

Richard

soory no key is still a problem sometimes when you lock it the lights dont flash.

I too have a problem with my boot lock button has stopped working both on the key fob and dash button any help would be greatly appreciated central locking works fine changed the battery on the key fob don't know where to go from there 

thanks

Walter  

Found on youtube if you sit in drivers seat using the inside handle lock and unlock the car 3/4 times without opening the door then press the boot button and on mine it worked second time.

Thanks Richard tried that but no joy any other help would be greatly appreciated 

Regards 

Walter 

First check boot fuse, then test if power is received at the boot solenoid by either method. If power is received, it's a faulty solenoid. But as you have stated that central locking works (locking the bonnet), that would be a a discrepancy in the solenoid theory. It would look like the  GEM module which operates many function including the door locks. It can be tested thus--but this home method is only for central locking and bonnet open/closed.

press and hold rear window heater switch; turn ignition on to on position and release heater switch then operate switch 8 times within 6 seconds; a signal sounds and lights flash if OK, if alarm sounds test cannot be done.

operate each of the following item separately and if OK sound and flashers will go on:

1) direction indicators (right, left, hazard)

2) light on warning

3) wipers-intermittent

4) windscreen washers

5) rear wiper

6) rear washer

7) door open/closed

8) central locking

[9)bonnet open/closed 10) heated rear window 11) heated windscreen]... and others that do not apply to you.

The test will end service mode after 20 sec. or can end manually by holding rear window switch and turning off ignition-- three sounds and flashers will go on to confirm.

I did all that boot button gave the working sound as did all the rest I went onto eBay and got another GEM module comes today I will fit it and see if the problem goes

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club