Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 Zetec S with red interior??

NitroJak
聽Share

Hi everyone! Newbie here!!

I'm Jak and I'm 16. I have been an MSA Junior Rally driver since 14 with my Micra K11 and is nearly time for me to take to the open road! I am looking at getting either a MK7 Zetec S or a radian yellow 30th anniversary MK6.5 (huge soft spot for them!) for the road. I like to have a rare and unique car, something no one else has, and trawling through the classifieds (as you do) I came across a MK7 Zetec S in frozen white, but the interior was a red fabric with a red dashboard (similar to some MK6.5's I've seen). I love it and it looks different, but I'd never seen it before on a MK7! I was wondering if this was just a rare colour interior or if it was a custom job the previous owner had done? I'm hoping it was a one-off option for the rarity points! Haha!

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Jak.

P.S. if you have a sub-60k yellow 30th anniversary for sale, hit me up!馃榿

I'm sure that's a rare option as I did see one mk7 with a red dash. The red looks darker compared to the mk6 red dash option.聽

I have a mk6.5 fiesta zetec s with the red dashboard option and can definitely say it looks good. At first when I was searching for mk6.5 fiesta zetec s and saw that some came with a red dash I didn't like it but am really happy I got one with a red dash. I cannot remember if the anni came with a red dash. Also check insurance for both the mk6 and mk7. I'm the same as you and like a unique car

DSC_0017.JPG

_20171106_192748.JPG

_20180517_195151.JPG

Thanks! Yes, I do like the red dash. The anniversaries only came with black interior (leather only iirc...). Insurance is 拢1 cheaper on an anniversary than a MK7 ZS per year for my first year at 拢1421 and 拢1422 respectively. 馃槂

Thanks

That's not bad lol I was paying 拢2080 for a 1 litre petrol engine Peugeot 107 when I was 17. I payed 拢1270 for the fiesta.聽

Really now you just look at what Mark fiesta you want. I got the mk6.5 as it's cheaper than the mk7. The mk6.5 looks a little better than the mk6. The zetec s mk6 has the same bumpers as an ST, only difference exterior wise is the wheels and the badges so you can fool some people making them think you have an ST. With the mk7 zetec s you can see ford made the bumpers different when comparing it to the ST. The mk6 anni is rare so you could just look at that if your wanting a rare unique looking car

I don't like the mk6; the headlights look dull and the rev counter/Speedo cluster is a boring design. Ive always loved the radian yellow anniversary, but they all seem to have over 70k miles! I've only seen two for sale with less, and I don't want more than 70k. Also, you can fit the ST side skirts to a mk6.5 anniversary/Zetec s, which does make a nice difference. I'd have all plastics painted gloss black (mk6.5 or MK7) and the coloured badges depending on the car. Black/anthracite wheels is a must on the mk7, but I like the silver mk6.5 standard wheels.

That's the exact same reason I wanted a mk6.5 than a mk6. The lights are updated, speedo looks more tidy plus the stereo is better and easier to remove. To be honest if you find an anni with just over 70k miles that won't be a problem. Obviously make sure it has full service history and if the owner states work has been done make sure to check there is paperwork to back it up. The previous owner of my car said the car had a mountune remap and had other work done on it. Sadly I have no paperwork to prove it. He said he'll send the paperwork of the work he said he did but nothing had come up since so would assume he was lieing. No worries though as I'm planning on getting it remapped.聽

I wanted to get a zetec s with the 1.6 diesel engine. Mine now has 119k miles. It did have a leaking injector which thankfully is sorted now and it drives nicely. Definitely get the plastic trims painted. The side trims on my car are faded and I'm planning on getting the door strips, mirror covers, boot handle and door handles colour coded. I uprated the front brakes to ST ones and very soon will swap the rear drums to ST discs.聽

Many mk7 zetec-s' came with a coloured dash that is the same colour as the exterior paint. Personally not a fan of them as it sticks out too much but each to their own I guess.

Hi and welcome.

When you're ready if you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club