Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footwell lights

dtulip8

Hi everyone,

I have located the footwell light brackets in the car, but I can't see any wiring. Is it automatically there if the brackets are present, or not? and is it simply a case of bunging the lights in if the wiring is there.

If the wiring isn't present then it needs adding.
Take a look right up under the dash as sometimes it is tucked up wrapped in tape and grey foam.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

There is a topic running at the moment by @chris_wynne about electric folding mirrors on a mk3.5, it has a good description of their hidden location and a couple of pictures too. Helped me find my wiring 

• Like 1

OK, it was dark when I looked so I’ll check for the wiring again.

• Like 1

No wiring for me unfortunately, oh well.

On 5/28/2018 at 6:01 PM, dtulip8 said:

No wiring for me unfortunately, oh well.

Thanks for checking 👍

• Thanks 1

Just an update everyone, I’ve managed to source the last parts, the 2 front regulators/motors for windows so when they come and weathers okay il begin the retro fit. 😊 wish me luck ahah 

Good luck @chris_wynne hope it goes well! On the subject of electric windows, I’d like to be able to ‘one touch’ open/close both front windows. At the moment it’s only ‘one touch’ to put the drivers window down, do I need a different regulator or is it just a case of reprogramming via Forscan or something? I looked on Forscan but couldn’t see anything at first glance.

@Jonro2009 thanks mate. regarding the one touch, no you will need to do everything im doing to get that feature as these features global opening/closing and one touch/up/down rely on the 6 pin window motors for front doors snd need all 4 door modules and the wiring to communicate. currently us with only 2 front electric windows only have 2 pin motors and incorrect wiring harness etc.

[mention=70530]Jonro2009[/mention] thanks mate. regarding the one touch, no you will need to do everything im doing to get that feature as these features global opening/closing and one touch/up/down rely on the 6 pin window motors for front doors snd need all 4 door modules and the wiring to communicate. currently us with only 2 front electric windows only have 2 pin motors and incorrect wiring harness etc.

I was afraid you were going to say that lol. Thanks for explaining it to me though rather than simply saying ‘it won’t work’. I appreciate it when people tell me why.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Going to hijack this thread re footwell lights. 

I'd like to get some put in my ZS. I have the wires but can't source the holders from anywhere yet. Once they're in what's the next to get them working? 

Footwell lights are part of the Ambient lighting. After the footwell lights are installed the ambient lighting functionality needs to be activated in the Central Car Configuration. After being activated the footwell lights can be swiched ON/OFF from the instrument cluster menu.

17 hours ago, JW1982 said:

Footwell lights are part of the Ambient lighting. After the footwell lights are installed the ambient lighting functionality needs to be activated in the Central Car Configuration. After being activated the footwell lights can be swiched ON/OFF from the instrument cluster menu.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds fairly straight forward! 

• 2 years later...

Hi re footwell lighting i have 2015 mk3.5 zetec s. I have found loom which was taped up has 3 pin plug (different to boot 1) so i have sourced 3 pins led light out of another focus they fit in hole and loom plugs in but no light 😥😥 any body help 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club