Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bass sound to engine ?

andybeech93
聽Share

Hi I have a Ford Focus 2003 1.8 tddi estate recently noticed it has a very bassy sound under 2k revs. Does anyone know why it would be doing this is something possibly clogged? Does it have a dpf or cat at that age as im not sure 馃 it does tend to rev up sometimes and no go any quicker but think this might be clutch or turbo issue.

thanks聽

It has a cat.聽 The 1.8 TDDI never had a DPF.聽 It sounds like you've got an air leak somewhere, possibly in the intake piping but I'd suspect the exhaust tbh.

Revving without an increase in engine speed is a slipping clutch, unlikely to cause a bassy noise.

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It has a cat.聽 The 1.8 TDDI never had a DPF.聽 It sounds like you've got an air leak somewhere, possibly in the intake piping but I'd suspect the exhaust tbh.

Revving without an increase in engine speed is a slipping clutch, unlikely to cause a bassy noise.

Hi thanks for reply and ok thanks for the information, i had a look at work and seen the cat was near the back of the engine. What鈥檚 the best way to unblock it or test it is blocked or can I remove the cat.

ill have a look at my pipes and the inlet again see if can spot any split pipes as had some last time which caused issues.

yea suspect it was when my mate changed it before when he had it and didn鈥檛 ether align it properly or didn鈥檛 replace the thrust bearing causing more issues.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club