Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken passenger door lock

CarolineKT4

Hi,

I have an 05 Streetka that I have had from new and the lock on the passenger door has broken.

There's no resistance when I try to open from the outside or the inside handles so I assume a link is broken.

The main problem I have is the door won't open and the MOT/tax expires at the end of the month and the MOT will fail if the door can't be opened.

Can I remove the door panel to access the lock if the door cannot be opened?

Thanks for any ideas.

Caroline

• 3 weeks later...

I got the door open and working long enough to get it through the MOT and tax it - I needed to replace the passenger door outside handle. 

However, it's gone again and I need to break the old lock to open the door and replace it. Loads of 99-08 KA passenger door lock assemblies on eBay for around £20, but only one driver door assembly.

It shows the assembly as not being compatible with a Streetka, but does anyone know if it can be easily modified? Ford want £160.

Thanks,

Caroline

Bought a ka one on sale or return for a tenner and works perfectly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club