Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RJE

RJE

Hi to all only just signed up.  I recently bought 2011 Mondeo hatch 2.0 diesel auto, 4 days ago in fact.  Yesterday I decided to get the spare out and check the jack and tools and was disturbed to find the underside of the spare felt wet and slimy and after lifting it out I found there to be a significant amount of water in the boot well. The jack and tools were corroded.  The water seemed to be mostly clear but there was also a brown rusty colour mixed in with it. After a prolonged dry spell we did have some heavy rain the night before.  The carpet on the base and sides all seem to be dry.  Any body got any suggestions as to where this may be coming from. I bought from Wessex garages and it is under warrantee.  I have checked with Chepstow Ford which has done much of the service on this car and they have no record of any ingress issue. many thanks .  

If it's under warranty probably worth just letting them fix it.

I'm not aware of any common leaks on those but it's usually either rear lights, bumper vents or tailgate seal that cause boot leaks.

• Like 1

There was a problem with water into the boot caused by the hatch seal channeling water into the boot, a revised seal was the cure for this not sure if it applies to your car 

• Like 1

I have had lots of cars (older ones ) that did that. I drilled a hole in the lowest part so any water would drain out. If in your position I might be tempted just to do that. I know it's not ideal but it depends how much hassle it is to get it sorted. Typical situation would be, they do something and say it's fixed. next time it rains hard water gets in, they then do something else and say its fixed, next time it rains hard same problem, after a few times you give up and drill a hole. I know that's a bit pesimistic. 

When I had a hatch leak on the wife's Fiesta mk5  I dropped the back seat and took the shelf out and lay kitchen roll around the boot area and sat in the back and had the wife spray a hosepipe all around the back of the car around the hatch seal,  lights, window and number plate area to see were the water entered - ours was a faulty window seal but I found it in minutes. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club