Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7.5 Parcel Shelf Peg

dansallis

Hi all, 

Been away for some time and since coming back from holidays I have found that one of the parcel shelf pegs (driver's side) has snapped.

Unfortunately, the peg and the plastic boot trim seem to be one moulded piece. Am I correct saying this? If so, how easy is this piece to replace? And how would I go about doing it?

IMG_7270.thumb.JPG.e9e864cb6392b02a2f63fc5c435e7a0d.JPG

TIA

How did you manage that?  The parcel shelves on both the Focus and Fiesta seem to be broken a lot, but not seen that peg break so far.  It is one piece as you suggest, not too difficult to replace though.  Fold the seat forward, peel the tailgate rubber away from the area, then undo one or two Torx screws, and the rest will be plastic clips.  You may need to loosen or remove the cream plastic part above for access.

I have no idea how it happened.... Came back from the airport to find it like that and the peg that had broken off nowhere to be seen! lol

Okay, that doesn't seem too bad I will try that myself. I am struggling to find the part for a 2015 Fiesta anywhere though...

Have you tried Ford?  Would imagine they're about £30-£50 new.  Either that or search for crashed Mk7.5s being broken on eBay and ask how much they'd want for the part.

if it was mine I would repair it with a nut and bolt or something. put a bolt a few cm long through the hole from the back. fix in place with nut. now the excess threaded part is your peg. looks like there is a hole where it broke off, if not a hole, drill one. I assume you can put you hand up underneath to put bolt through from the back. You have nothing to lose by trying it, except cost of nut/bolt but most people would have something like that laying around

On 8/17/2018 at 7:06 PM, isetta said:

if it was mine I would repair it with a nut and bolt or something. put a bolt a few cm long through the hole from the back. fix in place with nut. now the excess threaded part is your peg. looks like there is a hole where it broke off, if not a hole, drill one. I assume you can put you hand up underneath to put bolt through from the back. You have nothing to lose by trying it, except cost of nut/bolt but most people would have something like that laying around

This I am probably going to do. Like you said, I lose nothing if it doesn't work.

Do you guys think if I glued some sort of plastic dowelling (same colour) it would hold? I'll probably try this first and then if it doesn't work or isn't sturdy enough I will try nut and bolting it.

Thanks again guys.

Just gluing that as a butt joint won't hold.  But if you put some sort of dowel through the panel and the plastic dowel it might, self tapping screw from behind the panel maybe.

• Thanks 1

The whole side piece (package tray trim) is only about £25 from a dealership (Finis 1800032).

The part hasn't changed from 2012 so if you go down the route of checking out a breakers yard you can widen your scope a bit.

1059224279_PackagetraytrimFordFiestaDS.jpg.1d1be783af04204e405afa4005d720fd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1