Do Not Sell My Personal Information

head lights

mrmetallica

just had a thought. i have some head lights that are chrome inside is there any thing that i could put in the head light that would make the chrome come off and just leave the black with out damaging the lights

i think you'll find that it would be an MOT Failure, the chrome is there to reflect the light out , take that out and your headlights would be about a bright as a torch  on low battery  

no, I think he means Mk2 has totally chrome set up inside the light cluster, where the mk2.5 had black with only the reflector chromed.... looks much better/modern on the later one

there an aftermarket xenon kit, which if you fit, needs you need to split open the whole cluster.... but might be better to either get a pair of later ones, or a set of later ones with damaged lens and break apart, messing with the chrome....(unless you mask up and spay it), will look worse

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Botus said:

no, I think he means Mk2 has totally chrome set up inside the light cluster, where the mk2.5 had black with only the reflector chromed.... looks much better/modern on the later one

there an aftermarket xenon kit, which if you fit, needs you need to split open the whole cluster.... but might be better to either get a pair of later ones, or a set of later ones with damaged lens and break apart, messing with the chrome....(unless you mask up and spay it), will look worse

you are right im talking about the ones with the chrome bits where as others are black but good point didnt think about the chrome for the bulbs.

thats muy problem i get carried away and dont thin things over oh well

the reason is ive got the black inners but got something on the plastic so used the fine sand paper to try and get rid as it wouldnt wash off but now ive got head lights that are looking rubish i need to finish them.ive got chrome ones in loft so ill have to swap over while i sort black ones out cheers all

i wonder how long heat applied heat ?

On 9/8/2018 at 4:06 PM, Botus said:

its on the apple phone in the video.... 12min if I remember right

cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club