Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav SD Card Confusion

honestguy

Hi there, I am trying to help my dad out, he just got a new 2017 Ford b-max zetec navigator, and he says the Sat Nav is asking him to insert a SD card - so it did not come with one from the dealer.  I know they are very expensive from Form so wanted to get him one off eBay, but I am so confused at all the different types available.  I have tried searching online but to no avail - I wondered if anyone knows which one I should get for him, I can get a F2 card off eBay - but is this compatible and a very old map I dont know? Thanks so much for anyone who can help

Sorry I have not had the time to look at all the past posts - dashing my kids to clubs this weekend and trying to help the old man out at same time 🙂

You can get the latest f7 off e bay for about £25. I had a f2 card in my 2014 focus, bought a f5 off e bay 2.years ago and have just ordered the f7. Not received yet.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As far as I know the SYNC 2/SYNC 3 satnav systems were never available for the B-Max. The "F" SD-cards (for example F7) are only suitible for vehicles with the SYNC 2 system.

The 2017 B-max has the older Ford MFD satnav system combined with SYNC 1.1. This system used the "V" SD-cards. V8 (2018) is currently the latest available version for this system.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your advice, I would not have known that at all. I will look on eBay for a V8 SD card then and hopefully save my dad a lot of money 🙂

The dealer should be supplying the car with the sd card, I would be complaining to the dealer that your dad purchased a car specced for sat nav with the card missing, any second hand cars I have bought for example my 2015 focus, that came with the sd card, someone has obviously taken it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

my 2nd fiesta had satnav on and the card was in there. I would definitely complain to the dealer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club