Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 fiesta mods?

Kyle.j08

I just passed my test and I'm looking to modify the car without effecting the insurance, any suggestions?

Snapchat-1340467291.jpg

Insurance companies have different interpretations of modifications. Some will allow cosmetic modifications such as changing bumpers etc but some won't. 
Some companies will allow minor modifications to performance which will not increase power etc by more than a certain % from base spec such as filters. 
Others won't allow modifications of any sort without charging you a fortune. 

You would have to check and verify with your insurance company as to what actually qualifies as a modification. There are no set rules or definitions when it comes to insurance companies. What one insurance company says counts as a modification, another might allow it.  You may also find as a recently qualified driver that the insurance companies will not allow any type of modification at all, whether cosmetic or performance. Some won't even let you change the stereo or fit new Speakers, subs etc. 

7 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

Insurance companies have different interpretations of modifications. Some will allow cosmetic modifications such as changing bumpers etc but some won't. 
Some companies will allow minor modifications to performance which will not increase power etc by more than a certain % from base spec such as filters. 
Others won't allow modifications of any sort without charging you a fortune. 

You would have to check and verify with your insurance company as to what actually qualifies as a modification. There are no set rules or definitions when it comes to insurance companies. What one insurance company says counts as a modification, another might allow it.  You may also find as a recently qualified driver that the insurance companies will not allow any type of modification at all, whether cosmetic or performance. Some won't even let you change the stereo or fit new speakers, subs etc. 

Thanks for the information, looks like I will have to ring up the insurance company and ask them about changing bumpers and fitting a sound system.

Could look at changing the lights to LED but again might need to ask the insurance. 

DSC_0058.JPG

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club