Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seatbelt warning

bruce_rob

Good evening

I have a Mk7 fiesta and when driving the seatbelt warning light comes on and I get the warning sounds

This is intermittent so it does gomoff for a while but then comes back 

Any ideas 

Thanks 

Seat belt buckle fault, you can clean it by using compressed air and WD40, doesnt last , but in my experiance its best just to change it its a seat out job to get to the wiring but very easy to do.

Just to rule out the most simple fault, and without wishing to cause offence, could it be because you have placed something on the passenger seat?

• Like 1

even if you have not got something on the passenger seat it is worth put that seat belt in place. if the problem stops it would seem to be something to do with passenger seat weight sensor.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Just to rule out the most simple fault, and without wishing to cause offence, could it be because you have placed something on the passenger seat?

Good point

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, isetta said:

even if you have not got something on the passenger seat it is worth put that seat belt in place. if the problem stops it would seem to be something to do with passenger seat weight sensor.

They dont normally fail but woth a check.

Thanks guys

I have already tried this

Nothing on the passenger seat and it went off

Plugged the buckle in and still the same

I'm sure its on the drivers side 

I will change the buckle 

Thanks for the help guys 

4 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Driving back from the supermarket with a crate of beers on my passenger seat the other day and the belt minder kept going off so I had to belt it up. Even the car doesn't want any spillage !

• Like 3

I've had this problem in the past with an item on the passenger seat.   It doesn't take a lot of weight to set it off.

15 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

You wouldn't be the first to do it if this were the issue *Hides shamed face*

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club