Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rare options

dtulip8

Thought I'd follow on from my post in the Things I Don't Like topic where I sited a rare Verdigris Focus, and ask what are some of the rare options your Ford has or could've been spec'd with but not many did or a rare colour choice. I'll go with the satnav/climate control thing on the non-facelift MK2 Focus, only ever seen one car for sale with it and never in the wilds. Consdiering how common the MK2 this must be pretty rare.

51081706_2034347863348451_7111030854947700736_n.jpg

I saw one MK2 focus with keyless entry/start of sorts, kept the key in pocket but turned a key/knob where an ign key would be from what I remember . Seen it described before on the forum before. 

Definitely a ford system. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 3:37 PM, iantt said:

I saw one MK2 focus with keyless entry/start of sorts, kept the key in pocket but turned a key/knob where an ign key would be from what I remember . Seen it described before on the forum before. 

Definitely a ford system. 

My Dad had this in his focus. Had an issue with is which kept draining the battery.........no idea what but it was a damn pain.

I had the rare full leather Titanium interior with heated fronts and 8 way drivers electrical adjustment on the Mk2.5...  Never seen another set in person, only seen one or two sets in cars for sale online.  

I also had an IR heat reflective windscreen (presumably meant to stop the leather getting wrecked) which again seems rare on the Mk2.5...even rarer is that the glass was green with a silver coating, IR glass is usually purple.  This did of course cause issues getting the correct screen when it needed replacement lol.

Not on my car but there was a super rare option of electrically adjustable pedals on the Mk2 Focus, only ever heard of one car having them online!

My mk6 fiesta zetec s has a red dash which is a rare factory extra I think that was only available for the zetec s. The ST only had the option for a blue dash which I think was also available on another trim. 

Just transferred my pics onto my new phone but it didn't transfer everything 😑

Some interesting ones, mine literally has nothing interesting on it sadly! @zain611 I think the run out Zetec Blue Fiesta's had the blue dash as well from memory.

11 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Some interesting ones, mine literally has nothing interesting on it sadly! @zain611 I think the run out Zetec Blue Fiesta's had the blue dash as well from memory.

Yeah I think that's the right model name which also came the blue dash also. Was thinking of getting a ST and swapping the red dash over to make it a probably one off ST with a red dash. The blue dash doesn't really stand out than the red. It does turn heads also. 

• Like 1

Yeah I think that would look class! When are you thinking of going for the ST upgrade?

22 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Yeah I think that would look class! When are you thinking of going for the ST upgrade?

Have no clue honestly or if I can get a ST. London is going downhill and the mayor is proposing to set up a ultra low emissions zone in the whole city in 2021. People who own diesels older than 2015 will be charged £12.50 a day to drive it. My zetec s is diesel so sadly might have to sell it. My future plan is to save for a property when I start working full time so might have to opt in getting a cheaper run about. The fiesta is perfect but I'm just worried and furious about this charge that might come. There's a petition on change.org for it and there's 70k signatures. 

• Sad 1

That’s why I’m glad I don’t live in a city like London, introducing ridiculous charges such as that that are poorly though through and penalise those who can’t change their car for whatever reason. Your Fiesta is probably a cleaner car overall than my Focus, yet I can avoid the charge. Just seems silly to me.

5 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Your Fiesta is probably a cleaner car overall than my Focus, yet I can avoid the charge. Just seems silly to me.

Depends what you're measuring...  The CO2 will be worse on yours.  The NOx and particulates will be worse on Zain's.  You pay a lot more VED (road tax) to cover the CO2.  So charging diesel owners to cover NOx & particulates isn't such a bad idea.

The problem is the sheer amount of traffic in London creating a huge concentration of emissions within a very small area.  

Personally I think the charge is a good idea as an incentive for people to think about their car use, and whether they could walk, cycle, bus, tube, etc instead.  BUT I do think it's way too much, and will penalise those who have no choice but to use the car for whatever reason. 

I also don't believe an online petition will make any difference at all lol.

• Like 1

That is true, I forget about all the various nasties that come out of vehicles etc. I agree that it probably is a good idea to charge but I think surely just an extension of the congestion charge would be better rather than having multiple charges? Perhaps a discount for residents too?

14 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

That is true, I forget about all the various nasties that come out of vehicles etc. I agree that it probably is a good idea to charge but I think surely just an extension of the congestion charge would be better rather than having multiple charges? Perhaps a discount for residents too?

Yeah, it does seem a bit over complicated, I'm not sure there's any way around it though as the charges are for different things.  Congestion charge is for easier traffic flow in the centre, ULEZ is for lower emissions across the city.  They want to target 'dirtier' cars with the ULEZ so it wouldn't work effectively by just making the congestion charge wider.  Equally they couldn't scrap the congestion charge when the ULEZ comes in otherwise the city centre would be blocked up with petrols and post 2015 diesels.

Residents discount sounds a good idea though, or even better would be some sort of means tested payment to help less well off residents buy or lease a lower emission vehicle.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club