Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Am I mad for looking at the 1.6 ecoboost?

Itchigo53

Guys, need to change the family wagon and I'm taken with the grand c-max, ticks all the boxes. Ones caught my eye 1.6 ecoboost 150, but after reading all the horror stories am I mad to even gamble on an ecoboost engine? Having a look on the ford ETIS it's still outstanding for the clutch sensor work to be done? Cheers

I dont know much about the 1.6 ecoboost, but the car is a great car, very pleased with mine 1.5tdci, suprisingly agile car so still fun to drive.

Thecsensor is a recall so no charge for that and going by whats on the furum about clutch software up date its nothing to worry about.

The fit and finish seemed pretty good, I haven't driven one yet but looked round a couple to make sure I can fit the car seats in etc. It's a titanium X so has all the toys, and the reviews are positive regarding the handling. I'd look at a cheeky bluefin remap as well, because, well why not get 200ish brake from the family wagon!

I've had my 1.6 Ecoboost Focus for 4.5 years now with no issues, it's been a great engine. If I were buying a Cmax that would be my choice to have a bit of power available. It seems the newest petrol models are only available in 1.0 from what I could see on Ford's website.

• 4 weeks later...

I also own a 1.5 tdci Cmax , and up to now really enjoy the car . What would be the advantage of the ecoboost?

As mentioned in another thread, I had a 1.6 ecoboost C-Max (182 in my case) for about 6 months/5,000 miles. (Didn't particularly seek it out, I just had a need for a car like that for a while and this one came up at a good price.) I didn't feel the engine worked well in the C-Max (it's fine in a Fiesta or Focus), and would agree with Pete and Keith that (unless you only do limited mileage or drive in an emission charge zone) a diesel suits the C-Max best.

if you are looking used anyway and wanting more performance one of the now discontinued 2 litre diesels might suit. There were 140 and 163 ps versions and you could still have a remap if you felt you really needed more oomph.

Blocked egr & dpf is what I'd be looking to avoid, plus abit more eagerness when overtaking than the 1.6 tdci

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club