Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse Sensor Error (MK7)

bjs2013uk

Hi, I currently own a Ford Fiesta, 2013 plate, Titanium model, which came pre-installed with rear parking sensors when I purchased as new. Up until 2/3 weeks ago the sensors were working fine and then randomly one day they stopped working. There is no sign of damage to the rear of my vehicle and the sensor caps look like they are in position still. At first the sensors would work 50% of the time but after recently cleaning my car they no longer work at all. Instead every time I put the vehicle into reverse the 'Park Pilot', as displayed on the screen in the central console, displays a red circle with exclamation mark at the rear of the picture of the vehicle. This is accompanied by a tone that sounds 3 times and then the park pilot goes off the screen. I have attached a picture of the error shown on my cars display.

I have searched endlessly across this site and the Internet in general to find a possible cause and solution but there doesn't seem to be anything specific to this error.

Is there anybody that has had this error before and knows of any possible solution to fix it? I am reluctant to take it to my local Ford dealership as my car is now out of warranty and I would like to initially try and troubleshoot this issue myself.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_2046.jpg

Hi, I would check ALL of the connectors on the sensors. Disconnect, clean, inspect and refit. This is a good place to start. As I am sure this is what the Ford dealer would do and charge accordingly.

Thanks for the prompt response. I couldn’t find a detailed video of how to access the connections etc. Do you know of any such resources? 

Thanks again

Stick you head underneath and look is a good start. There will be a large multi plug to one side. And small connector behind each sensor. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club