Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 tdci turbo question

Apoc515

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has a comprehensive list of all the turbo’s that can be used with the 1.6 duratorq hhda’ code engine 2005-2010. I’m aware of the basic 90 bhp one and the 115 bhp variable vein(from a Peugeot hdi engine too?) what I wondered was does anyone have the Garret numbers for which others I can use?

I know turbos can be modified to use on this engine. could you use the 1.8’s turbo for example?

Thanks in advance 

The 110bhp version in the Mk2 Focus is a GT1544v.  But as you say it's VNT turbo so not a straight swap for the 90bhp model.  The 8v 115bhp Mk3 turbo is a tiny GTC1244vz but it's not a straight swap for the Mk2 version.  There aren't any straight swaps from other cars for this engine, best thing to go is to go hybrid.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The 110bhp version in the Mk2 Focus is a GT1544v.  But as you say it's VNT turbo so not a straight swap for the 90bhp model.  The 8v 115bhp Mk3 turbo is a tiny GTC1244vz but it's not a straight swap for the Mk2 version.  There aren't any straight swaps from other cars for this engine, best thing to go is to go hybrid.

Hi and Thanks.

Would you be able to give me any information on where I may be able to get one or anyone who makes them hybrid? 

Tia again

6 minutes ago, Apoc515 said:

Hi and Thanks.

Would you be able to give me any information on where I may be able to get one or anyone who makes them hybrid? 

Tia again

Loads of places do Hybrids but just off the top of my head NB Styling, Turbo Dynamics and HDi Tuning all offer hybrids for the DV6 engine.  They aren't cheap though.  What are your plans for the car?  If it's totally stock then a stage 1 remap might be a good starting point before spending on turbo upgrades.

56 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Loads of places do Hybrids but just off the top of my head NB Styling, Turbo Dynamics and HDi Tuning all offer hybrids for the DV6 engine.  They aren't cheap though.  What are your plans for the car?  If it's totally stock then a stage 1 remap might be a good starting point before spending on turbo upgrades.

Thanks. It’s already stage 1 pretty much(egr/dp*/and ca*/snorkel all deleted and remapped) mate just need back box deleting really. It’s had new injectors but I’m going to put the 115 ones in it now. New clutch too I reckon and a stage 2 remap, id like to take it to stage 3 but the injectors are bmw I believe and there’s not a whole lot of documentation on what’s required it seems. I don’t even know if it’s really possible? 

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Thanks again tom but here in lyes my problem mate I’ve got to this stage and what next? I’m aware that the engine isn’t considered the greatest by most uk mechanics and customers but ain’t that often a British outlook. It’s a good engine and I’d like to push it to see what it can do and don’t mind changing the injector seals or the oil and putting a thermal wrap on the turbo oil feed etc..to eradicate the ‘common faults’ but I’d still like to know the capability of the engine. The Russians and Europeans I have spoke to rate it higher than the previous and later ford versions of the engine

Ah ok, looks like you've already made a good start there lol.  

If you've got a bhp figure in mind, I'd recommend getting in touch with HDi Tuning and asking what he'd recommend to achieve it, he knows these DV6 engines well.  He's got over 200bhp and 400Nm from a 90bhp 1.6 in a Fiesta!!  It's not straight fit parts though and it wasn't cheap to get it there.  Not sure how reliable it is either lol.  

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah ok, looks like you've already made a good start there lol.  

If you've got a bhp figure in mind, I'd recommend getting in touch with HDi Tuning and asking what he'd recommend to achieve it, he knows these DV6 engines well.  He's got over 200bhp and 400Nm from a 90bhp 1.6 in a Fiesta!!  It's not straight fit parts though and it wasn't cheap to get it there.  Not sure how reliable it is either lol.  

I'd have my head in my hands if it was me! :wacko:

• Like 1

Update; 

have Just done a maf delete running much better but have ecu light and cog warning light. Going to upgrade to ngk glowplugs as that’s what odb2 says is the fault.

A MAF delete wont help anything, it'll just permanently run rich and chuck fault lights on these.  You can have a MAFless map done when going stage 2 if you prefer though.

Upgrading glowplugs won't do anything either, any branded plugs will be fine if yours are knackered.  I get the feeling you like throwing money around... :laugh: 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club