Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford fiesta swap to LED lights

Christer1906

I currently have standard lights on my 2015 1.0 EcoBoost Ford fiesta and want to change the rear and front units to LED. 

Has anyone ever done this before? Is it a straight swap over to the LED units? Do the LED units have the same plug as the standard light units I currently have and is the wiring the same? 

I have looked at the autobeam upgrade packs, but would rather have complete LED units if I don't have to mess around with the wiring or changing the plugs.

Thanks for any advice or help

Not sure if this is 100% correct but if you put led headlight units ( dipped and main beam) in, do they have to be self adjusting / levelling? If so there will be more involved than just changing the light unit even if the wiring is the same which I doubt.

If you don't have the adjustment unit, I guess it is illegal and will also result in an mot fail.

Again as far as I am aware, there is no issue with rear led units nor led Drl's for the front (obviously).

2 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Not sure if this is 100% correct but if you put led headlight units ( dipped and main beam) in, do they have to be self adjusting / levelling? 

No, if fitted; auto levelling devices must work, but they don't need to exist for LED headlights. 

However, fitting LED Bulbs in an existing halogen housing does not conform to current regulations, so may be an MOT failure depending on the interpretation by the tester. Current mot guidance explicitly specifies HID conversions as a failure, but does not yet explicitly specify LEDs, so you might get away with it for now. If failed, the failure would be for "4.1.4 (c) light source and lamp not compatible". 

I have replaced pretty much all my halogen bulbs with led ones 

Front

All Autobeam H7 dipped beam

Indicators Led 581

fog lights switchback fogs 

nothing for high beam just original

Rear

Autobeam

Led Indicators 581

i have the updated LED bars so I used the led  382 fog unit for the brake light ( if you don’t have the led bars you will need the led 382 rear/brake

Fog light led 382 fog 

Reverse lights from ebay 

All straight swaps no wire changes 

41 minutes ago, Hair said:

One place seems to sell those orginal ledlights:

Full led headlights

Headlightis.jpg

headlights 2.jpg

Scheinwerfer_LED_Ford_Fiesta_MK8_a.jpg

That seems to be the most complete offer with the extra control modules but they do state they don't know exactly what is required to retrofit these so it's super likely this isn't the only set of items you will need. Either way, that offer has a hefty price tag...ouch. Think Autobeam might win with a £30 LED bulb 🙂 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club