Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2 Rear Speakers

MM92

Hi,

Someone I know has got a MK2 Focus and their rear Speakers are not working - the option to balance on the stereo doesn't appear, like it does on mine.

Earlier today I took that stereo out and plugged it into my car, the balance option appears and my rear Speakers worked so the stereo is fine.

What would be the next best step to resolve this. Seems strange that both have gone rather than just one? The connections seem to look okay.

I've seen some threads about reconnecting the battery and fuses but there isn't any replies saying if they worked or not. (Is there even a fuse for the rear speakers)?

TIA.

7 hours ago, MM92 said:

Hi,

Someone I know has got a MK2 Focus and their rear speakers are not working - the option to balance on the stereo doesn't appear, like it does on mine.

Earlier today I took that stereo out and plugged it into my car, the balance option appears and my rear speakers worked so the stereo is fine.

What would be the next best step to resolve this. Seems strange that both have gone rather than just one? The connections seem to look okay.

I've seen some threads about reconnecting the battery and fuses but there isn't any replies saying if they worked or not. (Is there even a fuse for the rear speakers)?

TIA.

when you took the stereo out thats the same as disconecting the battery. when you put it back in the other car was ok or the same ?

if the same id say a speaker problem

50 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

when you took the stereo out thats the same as disconecting the battery. when you put it back in the other car was ok or the same ?

if the same id say a speaker problem

As quoted, and for an alternative, has any of the wiring been touched at all which runs door to body in the rubber sleeve? Just a though for moisture, etc. And if it all can trace back to one common point.

Does the car actually have Speakers in the back? Pretty sure they're an optional extra on some trim versions.

• Like 1

not all have rear Speakers, (I think) its std on the zetec and above, missing in the LX

then the next point is they die in the back all too often... and the pop rivets holding them in are right bu**ers to get out

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 10:59 PM, Luke4efc said:

Does the car actually have speakers in the back? Pretty sure they're an optional extra on some trim versions.

Yup, LX basically just came with steel wheels and all the windows present.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club