Do Not Sell My Personal Information

About to look at low mileage '09 Mondeo

Javiatrix

Hey guys,

Not much time to type as heading out the door in an hour, but any things to watch out for on an '09 Mondeo Titanium with 19,000 miles? Priced at £5,800, looks clean on pics. Last MOT initially failed as follows -

Repair immediately (major defects):

• Nearside Rear Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn trailing arm front bush (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn trailing arm front bush (5.3.4 (a) (i))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

• Nearside Rear Direction indicator slightly discoloured (4.4.3 (a))
  • Offside Rear Direction indicator slightly discoloured (4.4.3 (a))
  • Nearside Rear Nail in tyre ()

It's previously required the following on the one before -

• Nearside Rear coil spring broken (2.4.C.1a)

Is this a usual thing for the Mk4 Mondeo or should I be worried about possible rear end repairs etc?

Buying from a reputable trade seller.

Cheers,

Jack

I would be very worried. I got my car with 8k on the clock and i changed it a newer version of the mondeo when i got to 135k and not once did i have to change the bushes or anything on the suspension and i used the car to tow a caravan as well.  The indicators do fade over time and usage but i only change them once over 6 years.

With a car with that low mileage and with those issues i would be very concerned.

The trailing arm bushes are actually quite a common failure for the mk4 so wouldn't worry about them at all.

I replaced mine myself, about £40 for the bushes but the special tool needed for it was about £130. Once I fitted the bushes I sold the tool on again for £110.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, lol they're like chalk and cheese 😂

Too late now either way, it's sat on my drive...! Love it, although got a 'CD drive fault' (which a quick Google has revealed will probably be a £600 replacement if I want it working) but has aux so not overly bothered...

Hopefully won't spend much time on here, although it's been a godsend when I've had issues in the past like the PCM update.

Take it easy 🙂

52 minutes ago, Javiatrix said:

Too late now either way, it's sat on my drive...! Love it, although got a 'CD drive fault' (which a quick Google has revealed will probably be a £600 replacement if I want it working) but has aux so not overly bothered...

Is the stereo not covered by warranty if it was bought from a reputable trader?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Javiatrix said:

Thanks for the replies, lol they're like chalk and cheese 😂

Hopefully won't spend much time on here, although it's been a godsend when I've had issues in the past like the PCM update.

Take it easy 🙂

You definitely don't need to worry unduly about the bushes advisory, all the Ford's with independent rear suspension eventually need new trailing arm bushes (my MK2 Focus had them done last year) they take a lot of punishment, especially if the driver chooses to take advantage of the cornering speeds you can achieve is a Focus or MK4 Mondy. :biggrin:

Just enjoy the handling and the fact it's capable of cornering at speeds that the equivalent Insignia or Passat can only dream about :driving:

11 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Is the stereo not covered by warranty if it was bought from a reputable trader?

Hi mate,

I checked the warranty (RAC Platinum) and it covers all electrical items but only up to £100 for in car entertainment 😥 still, it's a start!

• Sad 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club