Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk7 brakes question.

kevb123

when i brake in my 2011 fiesta there's no resistance until it's on near lock.  like i press the pedal a little and it slows down but it's impossible to know how much your actually braking as there is no feed back until the car jolts as its on near full?

i've never driven a car like this,theres always a feel of how much pressure your pressing.

are they all like this or just mine.

thx

I do find my 2015 fiesta to be a bit like this. The time I notice it most is when moving slowly in traffic. It's like I keep doing an emergency stop from 10mph and the bloke behind probably thinks I am tryig to get him to run into the back of me on purpose. I have owned it 2 and a half years and still find this.

Every Ford I've driven seems to have brakes controlled by an on/off switch. I got used to mine after a few weeks driving and dont really notice unless I drive the works van or something.

Sounds like something is amiss to me.  Last time I experienced this on a Fiesta was my brothers 2011 example - needed all the lines renewed after it failed its FIRST MOT from memory.  Don't' take a chance with brakes - get someone who knows what they are doing to take a look at it if you aren't happy.  On my third one of these in a row and I've always found the brakes to be sharp, but with decent feedback.  Definitely not all or nothing.

EDIT: Assuming you are driving a standard spec model (not an ST or anything which I would have zero experience of)

7 hours ago, tarbyonline said:

Sounds like something is amiss to me.  Last time I experienced this on a Fiesta was my brothers 2011 example - needed all the lines renewed after it failed its FIRST MOT from memory.  Don't' take a chance with brakes - get someone who knows what they are doing to take a look at it if you aren't happy.  On my third one of these in a row and I've always found the brakes to be sharp, but with decent feedback.  Definitely not all or nothing.

EDIT: Assuming you are driving a standard spec model (not an ST or anything which I would have zero experience of)

no, it's standard 82 bhp. was mot'd when i bought it. it stops great and no difference when pump brakes just no resistance when press anything but full.

On 4/26/2019 at 9:33 AM, kevb123 said:

no, it's standard 82 bhp. was mot'd when i bought it. it stops great and no difference when pump brakes just no resistance when press anything but full.

Probably just a lot sharper than you are used to then possibly.  The brakes are rather good on these - took me a while to get used to them coming from a Fiat and Vauxhall!  It catches me out a bit when I drive the parents VW to be honest as less happens than I’m used to with the Fiesta.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club