Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PCM Flash recovery

HighHo

Can anyone recommend someone/company to do a pcm firmware recovery?

I was doing a flash when my battery died (annoying at about 95% complete), 100% my bad, I was following a guide that said the upload would be a lot quicker, but I ignored my instinct.

Ignoring all the above and me being an idiot, I can't write it using elmconfig. Can anyone either help recover, or recommend someone/somewhere that can?

Thanks, Alex (HighHo)

I will likely try replacing the whole ECU unit, could anyone tell me where it located on the MK2.5 1.8 petrol 2008.

Assume it will be the same place as the diesel versions, behind the front of the passenger wheel arch, but wanted to double check as it seems like a pain!

Just a quick update (not sure it's that interesting to others), new ECU is fitted, programmed and all working.

Replacing the ECU unit wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, luckily there were no security bolts on mine. I think you could remove the plastic wheel arch cover without removing the wheel (but probably worth it for the space).

Reprogrammed using elmconfig, thought I might have a duff unit as the pcm wouldn't read, but just needed to program the keys first in FORScan so the immobiliser passed.

Hopefully allowed, but also just want to say thanks to a chap called Enda from endtuning.com was extremely helpful in providing advice on possibly recovering my original ECU (and may have been able to repair it).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just thought I would post a quick update on this, I had to reflash the PCM module as the tyre size was out. On diesel cars I believe you can just update the vid block.

On petrol however you need to flash it fully, as there's not much info on this. I just thought I would list the steps I used. Make sure you have a charger to the battery to be safe (my original mess up and block size at 64 instead of auto).

1. Backup pcm firmware and config.

2. Flash the firmware back, you will be asked twice if you want to load the vid block, select no on both. Leave the block size as auto (mine used 1024, if 64 for example it will take ages). (21 mins)

3. Once flashed you can now load pcmconfig and make any changes if needed and apply. (2-3 mins).

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 9:17 PM, HighHo said:

Just thought I would post a quick update on this, I had to reflash the PCM module as the tyre size was out. On diesel cars I believe you can just update the vid block.

On petrol however you need to flash it fully, as there's not much info on this. I just thought I would list the steps I used. Make sure you have a charger to the battery to be safe (my original mess up and block size at 64 instead of auto).

1. Backup pcm firmware and config.

2. Flash the firmware back, you will be asked twice if you want to load the vid block, select no on both. Leave the block size as auto (mine used 1024, if 64 for example it will take ages). (21 mins)

3. Once flashed you can now load pcmconfig and make any changes if needed and apply. (2-3 mins).

Fair play in posting back mate, your pain may well help out someone else in the future! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club