Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint Issues

Mike Bywater

Evening all, I have recently taken delivery of a new Ford Focus Vignale. Great car, however the paintwork is shocking! It has not been correctly PDI (cleaned and polished) at the supplying dealer which is very disappointing. The car is a bright white but the complete paintwork is covered in Rail Rust has anyone else got this issue. (Rail Rust is small particles of metal that are in bedded into the paintwork that then corrode and leave rust all over the car)

Mine is ok, actually excellent finish and I saw it before it was cleaned.

Surely dealer cant leave it with you like that . You're supposed to be receiving the "Vignale" experience according to Fords blurb. It must have been  a very dirty train journey across Germany from the factory.I would also complain to Ford customer relations   UKCRC@ford.com

• Like 2

Might have been left in a car pound next to a railway track. You sometimes see same effect on lower part of cars where people have driven with front brake pads on the metal which then leaves the iron filings on the paint and it rusts and kind of damages the paint. I would be so annoyed as I would worry that even if they cleaned it up now it might have caused lasting damage which might not be apparent for a long while

Have you tried fallout remover on it?

PDI doesn't include a full detail, it's just a quick wipeover by a teenager with a jetwash…  Assuming it is just fallout which can be easily removed, I'd want the dealer to pay for a pro detailer to go over the car properly, fallout remover, clay, polish and then some sort of tough coating (ideally ceramic) to finish.

Also check the windows carefully, if it's actually rail rust that was still hot when it hit the car it can melt glass and leave tiny annoying spots in it.

• Like 2

How recently have you taken delivery? If your talking a week or so I would contact your dealer now and get them to inspect it / rectify.

I have just had the car clay bar and polished. This has now resolved the situation for now, I will keep a close eye on the paintwork In case any returns.

the car its self is under 10 days old just done over 1000miles.

thanks for all your advice. 

Br 

Mike

• 7 months later...

I purchased a white ford focus ST line in April 2019 brand new, only to realise a month later that it has yellow marks all over the vehicle. Took this back to ford Edgware on numerous occasions to get this matter resolved and 8 months later still no resolution. Ford have attempted to resolve the problem, only now to be told that it is not a paint defect. Ford are not taking any responsibility. Can someone tell me how I could get rid of these marks. 

That bloomin' Michael Portillo gets everywhere!  🤣

On 6/18/2019 at 10:27 AM, TomsFocus said:

Have you tried fallout remover on it?

PDI doesn't include a full detail, it's just a quick wipeover by a teenager with a jetwash…  Assuming it is just fallout which can be easily removed, I'd want the dealer to pay for a pro detailer to go over the car properly, fallout remover, clay, polish and then some sort of tough coating (ideally ceramic) to finish.

Also check the windows carefully, if it's actually rail rust that was still hot when it hit the car it can melt glass and leave tiny annoying spots in it.

What fallout remover you recommend ?

21 minutes ago, Luke88 said:

What fallout remover you recommend ?

Iron Out or Dragons Breath...but it's been so long since I've used any that there might be better about now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club