Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem with SYNC updates

MisterTJ

I should have asked this long ago, but I can be a little too stubborn for my own good sometimes.

For months now, I've been trying to update SYNC on my car. Unfortunately, the map updates I can download from their update page (~8.7GB in size) always result in an installation error (see uploaded image), no matter what I try... All my previous map updates have gone without a hitch.

I've been back and forth with Ford, but have been getting nowhere, and my local dealership has been useless when trying to help.

Has anyone got a recent update, which is known to work? I would be happy to provide a USB stick.

If anyone has a recent software update as well, I would also be interested...

Thanks.

install_error.jpg

8.7Gb is small for a full map update. It should be around 25Gb so perhaps that's the problem. Are you sure the download is completing properly ?

Only trouble with using someone else's download is that although it might be ok the download you are offered on the Ford website is tailored for your VIN and current software,build and Map version number  so attempting to install someone else's download could cause you problems.Dealer should update Sync3 software for you free but not Maps as that's customers responsibility.

That download is currupt, it an ongoing proplem

I'm aware of the file size being smaller than normal, and I've always suspected that the files may be corrupt. I have pointed this out to them on numerous occasions.

However, they have been that way for months now, and do not seem to want to do anything about it.

I'm more interested in updating the SYNC 3 software, than updating the maps. But their update webpage won't let me update the software until I've confirmed the latest map updates, which don't work. The dealership has been useless when trying to help, and even with Ford's own Customer Relationship Centre being on to them, they still haven't been in touch to try to resolve it. 

2 hours ago, MisterTJ said:

I'm aware of the file size being smaller than normal, and I've always suspected that the files may be corrupt. I have pointed this out to them on numerous occasions.

However, they have been that way for months now, and do not seem to want to do anything about it.

I'm more interested in updating the SYNC 3 software, than updating the maps. But their update webpage won't let me update the software until I've confirmed the latest map updates, which don't work. The dealership has been useless when trying to help, and even with Ford's own Customer Relationship Centre being on to them, they still haven't been in touch to try to resolve it. 

What version of software are you on?.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club