Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta remote central locking

Wazzataylor

I have just been given a mk6 02 fiesta 1.4 zetec. The car has central locking but no remote. It has not had one since new. I was wondering if I brought a gem (one with remote central locking) off eBay, it would work, I have a blank remote key that I get cut. 

Thanks

Yes you would be able to replace your GEM with one equipped with remote locking, but to be able to do it yourself you will need two original keys to be able to program your new remote key. If you don’t have two original keys then I’m sure a local locksmith will be able to program the new key.
I had a 2005 mk6 that I successfully converted, so know it’s possible. If you need help looking the correct GEM give me a shout and I’ll have a look for you.

Fiesta is an amazing model of the ford. Fiesta has a surprising feature like remote central locking, when I read a newspaper. I saw daily this ad about Ford fiesta. whuk promo code I like this car. 

if you only have one key I believe you can program a 2nd key with:

OBD code reader eg. one from Tunnelrat (I have one of those)

Forscan free software on a windows laptop (forscan for iPhone or android phone does not do key programming)

The Forscan free extended licence

I have succesfully done it on a 2008 Focus.  I assume it would work on the Fiesta but not tried that myself.

If buying another key make sure you get one with the correct immmobiliser chip in it, there are different model numbers of the chip    and      different bit size of the chip (bit size is not the physical size but the data size)

Locksmiths clone the original key and I believe charge upwards of £75 including the key, don't know how much if you suppliked the key. You need to go to a Timpsons kiosk outside a big supermarket on a slow day when he has no business and is desperate and negotiate. Personally if it needs replacing the GEM then I don't think I would bother

Thx. The old owner is trying to find the second key. Will go from there

Hi, I bought a Ford Fiesta year 2004 and I have a central locking on it.  But I don't have a remote control to replace the central locking module and will I have a remote control?  What module should I put in my car?  Thank you for your response

Not exactly sure what you’re asking but If you are looking for the part you need to allow your car to central lock with your remote key, then it’s the GEM module, which should have a part number 4S6T-15K600- then either C or D with any other letter for example 4S6T-15K600-DB
A GEM with that part number will be equipped with remote central locking capability.

Thank you very much for your reply.  Yes, that's exactly what I need to have a car remote control.  And what is the difference between the team units of the different letters?  Will it be necessary to make some new kits to the car to make the remote control work?  Or just plug in a new gem drive and key in a key?

The second last letter of the part number is the level of GEM... A isn’t equipped with central locking.... B is equipped with central locking C is equipped with remote central locking and D is equipped with remote central locking and alarm. You will also need two original keys to allow you to reprogram a third keyfob with the buttons for remote locking.

This is the division.  and kable I have to make some good or everything will be ready for the remote

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club