Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk5 Mondeo tailgate 'pull down'handle.

Johnr44

Hi there.

The screws holding the Tailgate Pulldown Handle on my Mk5 have come loose. Can anybody please advise as the procedure to access those screws. Many thanks in anticipation that somebody has far more in depth knowledge than myself😩

John R...Chipping Sodbury

Funny mind did the same earlier in the week.  The front of the handle comes off (it is only clipped on) from the rest of the housing of the handle itself and then you will find to hex sockets bolts that needs tightening up and then push the cap back on and all done took less that 2 mins to fix.  If it happens again, ill put on some locktight on it to stop them coming lose

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnr44 said:

Hi there.

The screws holding the Tailgate Pulldown Handle on my Mk5 have come loose. Can anybody please advise as the procedure to access those screws. Many thanks in anticipation that somebody has far more in depth knowledge than myself😩

John R...Chipping Sodbury

Perfect advice from Gav!

John, I am admin on a large UK Mondeo Mk5 Facebook page. You will find loads of helpful members and guides on there - Gav can vouch for that. Why not join us, just mention my username when you answer ‘where you heard about us’

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606/?ref=share

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Can anyone advise what the part number is for the 2 screws which attach the tailgate pull down handle to the inside to the hatch door? I have a Mk 5 Mondeo hatchback. Thanks

There is no Ford FINIS code, they are just 18mm long (approx) generic Torx screws that you can buy at any motorist shop. Even Halfords sell little packs of them for about £99.99 🤣

• 4 months later...

Hi

The grab handle in the tailgate of my mk5 mondeo has come off and the retaining nuts are in the tailgate.  How do I get in to get the nuts and reattach the grab handle?

Thanks 

Mike

• 2 months later...

Thanks for this, I’ve got a screw loose in mine I think and was wondering about how to tackle it LOL 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club