Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aircon temp MK8

ElliotReid

Hello

How cold should one expect the MK8's aircon to get? Whilst mine makes the cabin nice and comfortable it doesn't get as chilly as my MK6.5 did. In my head I've rationalised this with Ford trying to reduce fuel consumption but if there is an issue I'd rather know now.

I turn the dial on ours to LO, up the fan speed a little and it is blowing icy cold within seconds. This is the digital unit, if you are talking about a mk8 with manual control, I have no idea.

The Mk8 St Line X Aircon and heating is far superior to my mk7.5 sSt line.

As is my normal practice, I set mine to 18 centigrade and "auto" on the day I got it and haven't touched it since. On a hot day it blows icy cold until the set temperature is reached. My Mrs finds it so cold she turns the vents away from her!😀

• Like 1

I go for the LO setting and adjust fan speed accroding to how hot it is in the car. 

The temperature itself comes out as cold as i’d expect it but in all fairness, when it’s set to blow onto your face and feet and set to full blast, the fan speed is disappointing. Temperature though is perfectly fine.

Not sure about the manual air con though.

Cheers guys. Mine does have the auto version so I’ll have a play. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club