Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 TDCI Power

Imprezajay86

Just wondering what sort of power people have had out of the 1.8 TDCI safely (without blowing a big hole in the block), I'm planning on tuning mine, but don't want to push it past it's capability's

Also, will the gearbox take decent power?

Would be nice to push it over 200hp, I assume just a remap will take it to 140hp-150hp ish (114hp standard) was thinking bigger turbo and all the supported mods to go with it and I should be getting some pretty good power

On 7/24/2019 at 9:38 PM, Imprezajay86 said:

Just wondering what sort of power people have had out of the 1.8 TDCI safely (without blowing a big hole in the block), I'm planning on tuning mine, but don't want to push it past it's capability's

Would be nice to push it over 200hp, I assume just a remap will take it to 140hp-150hp ish (114hp standard) was thinking bigger turbo and all the supported mods to go with it and I should be getting some pretty good power

Plenty of people have got around 150-160 BHP without issue but beyond that you're pushing your luck.  The engine inlet is quite restrictive (the basic engine block etc is after all from the 80's), this restriction limits what power you can really generate without making major changes.

TDC

The MTX75 gearbox is tried and tested with quite a few people in America running high BHP (but not with the 1.8 TDCi engine).

On 7/24/2019 at 9:38 PM, Imprezajay86 said:

Standard power 114 but with 13 years of crap in the inlet manifold you probably only have about 90 the first job on the tdci is looking at the egr and manifold next just make sure everything is working properly check the map sensor pipe hasn't split and all the boost pipe's are good and check the cam belt has been changed only then think about getting more power also the fly wheel are that great on the 1.8tdci so be careful not to over do it

I've got a ron box on mine think it's running about 130 but never rolling road it

• Like 1

I think the stock turbo is quite big the head has the flow problems I think 150 BHP is maxing out

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club