Do Not Sell My Personal Information

hi knowledgeable ones

kmoore04uk

My wife's focus titan x tells us that oil change is required does this mean service or just purely a an oil change? Also how do I cancel the message. Cheers Keith

When was the last service and what was done at that one?

If it's diesel and struggling with DPF regens it may need an oil change much earlier than a proper service.

You can reset the oil change message by pressing both the throttle and brake pedals, then switching the ignition on (not engine) and waiting about 10 seconds.  Ideally you should wait until after the oil change has been done though.

• Like 1

on a modern car whilst they produce a list the size of 10 volumes of an the encyclopaedia of what they "check", the reality is at best a service is just an engine oil change and an air filter,

if you go to premium brands and pay 250 quid an hour, all it means is the receptionist definitely knows nothing about car's but might (depending on your persuasion) look attractive, the "technician" (a 3 year old still in nappies) might have pumped up 3 of the tyres and slopped some screen wash in the coolant bottle  All that just before someone kerbed an alloy (out of sight on the passenger side) whilst navigating an overly congested car park as they went to jet wash the wheels. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I tend to do oil every 6 months, full service every 12.

Might be overkill, but oil is like the blood of your engine. It's worth spending £50 or so every so often to keep it sweet.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club