Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WHB

whb

Ford Focus Mk2 facelift 59  diesel estate  I am taking off my alloy wheels and summer tyres and fitting steel wheels with winter tyres will i need new wheel nuts to suit steel wheels also have problem getting  wheel nuts off alloy wheels ?

when you saying having problems getting nuts off do you mean they are too tight or can't get spanner to fit properly>

Not sure exactly what your wheel nuts are like.

On fiesta alloys they have this type of nut

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12X-ALLOY-WHEEL-NUTS-FORD-FIESTA-ALLOYS-MK4-MK5-MK6-MK7-MK8-M12-X-1-5-19M-BOLT-/223470269362

these fit alloys or steels. when used on alloys the washer part presses on the wheel to hold it on, on steels the bit at the bottom of the nut presses on the wheel.

On my previous fiesta I changed from alloys to steel and used the same nuts. the only problem was the washers tended to rattle so I put a bit of silicon sealent around where washer joins the nut to stop it rattling.

4 hours ago, whb said:

The  wheel spanner  slips on the wheels nuts  

If you have the silvery caps over the hollow nuts then you will need to get a smaller socket once that the caps are damaged / have fallen off.

The supplied wheel brace is made of cheese and I found that it rounded off extremely easily.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Get a 19mm socket on there.

Yup, a decent socket and decent length bar is much better than the supplied brace.

I found that a 19mm socket is what you need if the caps are intact, but a 18mm one is needed if the caps are missing or if they are in poor condition.

I used to carry a pair of deep 6 point ones and a Breaker Bar in my boot when I had a Mk2.

A  19mm deep socket tapped on to  damaged nut works  well thank you all  for our help. WB

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club