Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New car purchase

Bobr

Just filled up for the first time in 7 weeks due to the lockdown.   I have only been driving two miles a day apart to the odd trip to the chemist to fetch my meds (15 miles there and back).   I drive a mile to the park to walk my dog and a mile back.   Unfortunately I can't walk the two miles due to back problems (broke it in 1984).   To my amazement the car recorded 40.41 mpg.

• Like 2

Thats nothing:

image.thumb.png.0936289901dfb42fe44171c2efc3b991.png

...and I have no idea how it came to that!

• Haha 2

Wonder how it came to that conclusion.   I check mine by briming the tank each time then dividing the mileage travelled by the gallons.

Just over 55mpg on last tank full using brim-to-brim method whilst showing 58.7mpg on the car computer...pretty happy with that 👍

49 minutes ago, martinf64 said:

Just over 55mpg on last tank full using brim-to-brim method whilst showing 58.7mpg on the car computer...pretty happy with that 👍

What sort of driving?

22 hours ago, Bobr said:

What sort of driving?

Bob, commute is just over 20 miles each way consisting of a mixture of 40/55mph dual track, 30mph town (early morning so no traffic jams), and country roads. I'm quite lucky that I don't get stuck in traffic although they tend to like digging the roads up around here and installing temporary traffic lights without warning causing traffic chaos. I'm not a heavy footed driver and seem to always got over 50mpg whatever the weather, I use the power from the 140ps ecoboost when its needed, know its available.

1 hour ago, martinf64 said:

Bob, commute is just over 20 miles each way consisting of a mixture of 40/55mph dual track, 30mph town (early morning so no traffic jams), and country roads. I'm quite lucky that I don't get stuck in traffic although they tend to like digging the roads up around here and installing temporary traffic lights without warning causing traffic chaos. I'm not a heavy footed driver and seem to always got over 50mpg whatever the weather, I use the power from the 140ps ecoboost when its needed, know its available.

So not a lot of distance driving then.   55 is pretty good then Martin.

Try to get a slightly later one Bob if you can, one without the (dry-clutch) Powershift, which has been discontinued I believe. (Juddering problems, especially when reversing up a steep incline, such as a drive on a slope). Beware of TrustFord, they may try to sell you a Powershift as a non-Powershift. well that's what they did to me anyway. My Titamium is a November 2017. Also decide whether you really want dark windows at the rear or not. I though it was just a dark driving mirror (the salesman didn't correct me) and didn't realise the back 5 panes of glass were darkened until after I'd bought the damned, Powershift, car. 

Well, having had this Reply disappear off the screen for several minutes, I now see that you've bought it. Just make sure you put it in neutral when at traffic lights etc. is all I'll say now - so as to not burn out the dry clutch(es). 

Currently trying to work out how to remove the rear panel as I have to install a new rear fog-light assembly. 

Interesting ...

see this thread: 

I been trying to find exactly WHEN the Powershift boxes were actually stopped and can't seem to get a definitive answer. Looks like you have a '17 PS and Bob has a '17 non-PS.

How on earth can you find out if the dealer can't tell you?

2 hours ago, closedwave said:

Just make sure you put it in neutral when at traffic lights etc. is all I'll say now - so as to not burn out the dry clutch(es). 

It always goes into neutral whenever I stop James.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 12:27 PM, Bobr said:

Just filled up for the first time in 7 weeks due to the lockdown.   I have only been driving two miles a day apart to the odd trip to the chemist to fetch my meds (15 miles there and back).   I drive a mile to the park to walk my dog and a mile back.   Unfortunately I can't walk the two miles due to back problems (broke it in 1984).   To my amazement the car recorded 40.41 mpg.

Bit off topic I know as I have a manual Mk 8, but just filled up for first time myself and got 43.1. Last fill was actually on 24 March, we'd gone up the Dales to open up our caravan the day before only to get everything sorted just as the PM was announcing lockdown so had to come back first thing next morning, filling up on the way home. 

Only done 289 miles since then, local journeys only, so quite pleased with that figure. Ironically as everyone is asking for contactless payment at the moment, I had to use cash as their system was down!😃

• Like 2

Like your choice of area for your caravan Roger.   When I could walk I used to do a lot of fell walking in the Dales.

Just now, Bobr said:

Like your choice of area for your caravan Roger.   When I could walk I used to do a lot of fell walking in the Dales.

Yes, I 've spent many a happy day wandering about up there, Bob! First went on school geography trips, but finding the hills seem a little steeper now than they did all those years ago!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, I 've spent many a happy day wandering about up there, Bob! First went on school geography trips, but finding the hills seem a little steeper now than they did all those years ago!😀

Wish I was a bit further North...would've been nice to rent a caravan up there for a week...with FOC discount of course. :wink: 

39 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Wish I was a bit further North...would've been nice to rent a caravan up there for a week...with FOC discount of course. :wink: 

I'd like to book the 2nd week in August please Roger 😁 ... How good is the Wifi ? 😜

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, tef89 said:

. How good is the Wifi ? 😜

Even worse than Sync 3!😀

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club