Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help..central locking opens all 4 doors but does not open boot

Lilsautoford

Right got a strange 1 here 

fiesta 10 plate when I press unlock (pictured yellow red arrow) on key fob all 4 doors open BUT the boot lid does not?

only way to open the boot lid is to press key fob button 3 (blue & green arrow pictured) the boot unlock button...!

which is very annoying as your driving and passenger jumps out goes to grab his bag etc from boot you have to fiddle key fob from ignition and press the damn button

we have just sold our 2009 mk7 and that was not like this 10 plate mk7 ?

is it set up wrong or different by previous owners I cannot find anything anywhere relating to this

please someone out there must know or has the boot solenoid lock on its way out

20191102_102658.jpg

I don't know about the 5 door models but on my 2016 ST-Line 3 door the Yellow unlock button only ever did the driver and passenger doors not the rear hatch. If there was an option to change that behaviour I never found it.

That key is working exactly as it should.
Why would you want the boot to pop open every time you unlock the car?
The boot button has to be pressed twice quickly to unlock.
If you need to unlock the boot while the ignition is on you usually just open the drivers door a bit and someone can use the external boot switch / button.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My key opens all the doors but not the boot.   However, the boot can then be opened manually by simply pressing the boot switch.

• Like 1

No I don't want the boot to pop up ( like when you press the boot button )

I just want it unlocked ( with rest of doors)  so when I press the switch on the boot handle it opens

example:

car is unlocked on your driveway keys are indoors, you need some thing from boot have to go back indoors and get key??? 

just like 30 odd years ago when you had to have a key to unlock every door, boot etc.....

come on Ford we should have the option the have it unlocked or locked by some setting so we the customer can decide on lock setup

Hang on a mo.

Why is there then a button on the boot handle above the number plate.....?( arrowed red in pic)

As the boot unlock on key fob pops the boot so you can open it holding anywhere on the handle you do not need to press the handle button? (Pictured)

20191104_095130.jpg

22 minutes ago, Lilsautoford said:

example:

car is unlocked on your driveway keys are indoors, you need some thing from boot have to go back indoors and get key??? 

just like 30 odd years ago when you had to have a key to unlock every door, boot etc.....

come on Ford we should have the option the have it unlocked or locked by some setting so we the cusomer can decide on lock setup

As long as the vehicle is unlocked, you can use the button on the tailgate to open it and lift it up to access the rear luggage space and spare wheel. The keyfob unlock icon (open padlock) you pictured is only designed to unlock the passenger cabin doors. That is why there is a 3rd button to unlock and open the boot (1 click unlocks, 2 clicks unlocks and releases the latch so you can then lift the boot). The boot can be unlocked and opened without the need to unlock the other doors. 

When the doors are unlocked you should be able to open the boot by pressing that release switch.   On a previous Fiesta I found, one morning, that I couldn't open the boot either with that switch or by pressing the bottom button on the key.   I had to have a new boot switch fitted, fortunately under guarantee.

The key fob third button unlocks and pops it on 1st press..?

What you said above is what I want to do if the car is unlocked is to press the boot handle release switch and vola open, BUT mine is not doing that. As mentioned above people are saying to presses on key fob to pop it but mine pops it on 1 press...? I also own a ford kuga and that pops boot on 2nd press but 1 press allow me to open on boot release button which is what I want on wifes fiesta....

pic of boot release button I have taken apart, simple 1 button switch no water ingress as springs had no corrosion...?

Red/yellow arrow switch button working as should

Green arrow contact solder look ok

20191104_103727.jpg

I have just bridged the 2 contacts and its the switch thanks for chap above pointing me in right direction

• 6 months later...
On 11/4/2019 at 10:56 AM, Lilsautoford said:

I have just bridged the 2 contacts and its the switch thanks for chap above pointing me in right direction

I have this exact same problem so could do with some help please. Did you buy a new boot switch or refurbish the old one? What's the best way to remove the old switch? Thanks

Similar issue here too were I can only open the boot with the key, the switch above the licence place does nothing when pressed with doors unlocked 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Recently had my boot stop opening when unlocking the rest of the doors with my key fob (button 1). 

It would only unlock AND pop open using the boot unlock button on the key fob (button 3), and as soon as you close it, it would be locked again. 

Solution was a new boot switch, the button you press on the boot to open it when it’s unlocked. Simple switch, it pries out with a flat headed screwdriver and then you unplug the old and plug in the new. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club