Do Not Sell My Personal Information

06 connect difficult starting

amanitavirosa

Hi I’m not much of a mechanic but I need some help. I have a 06 1.8TDCI connect. Cold start is extremely difficultt, my son replaced the glow plugs but it didn’t help, the old ones tested ok.  I have the Ford app and WiFi code reader which says glow plugs it also mentions relay etc. I tested the relay with 12v on the contacts and my meter on diode test and it beeps so I think the relay is ok and the fuse is also ok. It takes 3 or four attempts to get a to fire, then it runs ok and starts ok. I don’t know if the glow plugs are working or not. Last time I put the meter on the glow plugs AI couldn’t read any voltage. Our local garage says it’s fine but it’s not. Any ideas? I’ll re-test the glow plug voltage again tomorrow, I don’t know what it should be, if it’s drawing current it might be less than 12V.  Unfortunately these days I’m not as fit as I used to be so I have to rely on other people to help.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club