Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance time,why is mine more 1.6 Ti-vct 2011 Titanium ??

jace1969

My mate only lives 1 mile away and getting a quote on his post code always comes up a good £100 or a bit more cheaper than my post code.

Looked at the area a few months ago on a site I forget now to see if there are a lot of problems but its not that bad.

Its up in 4 weeks so trying some compare sites but I have always had this problem.

Any on here got the same and also best compare site to look at, i have tried compare the market I think it was.

A postcode makes a huge difference, as to comparison sites i never use them just ring up a few companies and get a quote cant beat speaking to someone  imho.

Depends a great deal on the traffic in the postcode and the crime rate.   I moved from a high crime rate area last march, (Sneinton, Nottingham centre) to NG16 near the M1 and insurance rates dropped appreciably. 

• Like 1

even which side of a street you live on can affect it. if the street is a boundary of 2 different areas with different postcode numbers. 

i always use a comparison site to narrow down likely companies then look at their own websites.  don't forget direct line are not on comparison sites. last year i found for me they were cheapest. but there are some many factors so what's cheapest for me won't be cheapest for all and what's cheapest today might not be cheapest tomorrow.  No meerkat toys any more though.

there are some other bits to compare also eg. driving other cars third party cover.   some give this at different ages of drivers. some stipulate the actual owner of that car must have a policy in force, some do not stipulate that. (I assume this is because some people will buy a 2nd car and register it in a relative's name and then drive the 2nd car on the driving other cars cover on the policy on their first car).

and different levels on business use/commuting in the base cover, eg. some only allow driving to my usual place of work, no good if my employer send me to another of their branches to work one day, others are not so restrictive

Got mine reduced this year, so you could try too.  You might get a discount by phoning your current insurer 21days before renewal they may reduce it for you.  I saved £200 by doing that.

I'm with AA and been with for 3 years this being the 4th as there is only around £30 or less difference but I can as said save £150 if I ring them before I get the renewal which I always do.
Been driving for years/no claims/age/1 car/no mods/licence for 32+ years and still around a £600 cost.
Done a check yesterday on a site and some come up under £300.
Thing is some companies I ain't heard of or know very little about.
It's not even a sport car.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

"Thing is some companies I ain't heard of or know very little about."

buying insurance is tricky. If you buy something in a shop that you can pickup and inspect it is easier to be confident of it's quality.

With insurance you don't know the quality until you need to claim and it's too late then if you find it's rubbish.

I feel more confident where it is a name where I think they would have a reason to protect their reputation.

but however good the company, there will always be some members of staff who are absolute  to**ers so it's pot luck who is handling your case.

Comparison sites don't really work any more.  When they first came out they were good as it was simply a comparison between the different companies.  But now they're each paid to push different companies and get different deals on identical insurance.  You have to use 2 or 3 comparison sites to find the cheapest, even on the same insurance with the same company.  And even then, it can be cheaper to go through the companies own site...especially if you use Topcashback.  Although be aware that they can offer different rates when you go through TCB as well, so it looks like you'll save £50...but then the price is £40 higher so end up only saving a tenner.  There is no single way to get the best deal now, you really do have to shop around and try various techniques.

As for post code, there's nothing you can do about it except move, that's one of the biggest deciders in your insurance price.  

Insurance doesn't make any sense anyway though...  I currently drive a 140bhp FWD Golf and spend £350 on insurance...  Looked at insurance to swap to a RWD 180bhp BMW 320D...  £120 extra!!  Looked again to swap to a 200bhp RWD Merc 250 CDi…just £10 extra...  All cars roughly the same value and age, how on earth do they work that out!?  

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I can as said save £150 if I ring them before I get the renewal which I always do.

I always renew mine in good time, too. I did read somewhere that this is among the many weird and wonderful things they take into account when calculating risk. Apparently if you habitually leave it to the last minute, you are statistically more of a risk taker, therefore higher premium. Presumably when you renew must be among the data insurers share, for them to be able to do this.

These days it's a big thing car insurance and yes very true post codes can make a massive difference but there is a site I tried and got it off here for the crime in your area and mine wasn't that bad if its up to date,I honestly didn't think I would be paying £600 area for the age I am 50 and ok it's a 1.6 but it's far from fast.
I was looking around £450 but it's hard to get it under £600.
As said above my friend who is 20mins walk would insure a ST 3 cheaper than me.
Ring up AA in a week as up the 12th December.
Thing is trying there own sites what are the main/good ones as so many and easier to do 1 search rather than putting details in 5 or more times.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi.

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

18 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi

I got the date wrong when its up, its up on the 16th Dec so when could I ring and on what number please as I will try other people before I ring AA.

Hi there,

If you could possibly give us a call on 0800 916 1288 - our quote line is generally open 9:00 AM to 9:00PM Monday-Friday.

9:00 til 4:00Pm Sunday.

Thanks,

Dan

On 11/13/2019 at 3:46 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi there,

If you could possibly give us a call on 0800 916 1288 - our quote line is generally open 9:00 AM to 9:00PM Monday-Friday.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi, I will give you a call but it isn't up until the 16th of December and is it still a month until I can ring as my insurance is still running as will also ring AA at the same time

who I'm insured with.

Thanks.

On 11/13/2019 at 3:46 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi there,

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks for giving me the number to try you which I did today and a very good quote but just the excess which made me go with Direct Line although it was £30 more.

Mine as always been 0 on all the main things and only a small amount on the other ones,AA was £230 more and yes I did put £230more although she could not give

me a 100% quote till Monday she said on the 6 other quotes I had in front of me and told her she said no way we could come close to knocking  £230 off last years amount.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club