Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SYNC Update

Vorny7

Hi all

Having some issues with SYNC. Up until a couple of days ago, my phone was working absolutely wonderfully with SYNC then one day it wouldn't connect or even find SYNC on bluetooth. I've tried connecting other phones as well as my laptop to no avail.

I think I need the update. The Ford update site is down and from reading previous threads on this matter it has been down for a while. 

Where can I find the update and how do I install it? I have NO clue about cars but I use SYNC all the time and I have quite a horrendous journey next week for a funeral and also work and I would quite like some happy music to help me through it all.

I've read through other threads but I haven't got a clue as most of it is in car talk. Sorry :( 

I doubt a update would fix it, unless your phone has changed. If it worked before it should work now. 

Have you tried a master reset of the sync unit?

matt

Hi Matt

thanks for replying.

yeah I’ve literally tried everything physically possible. I’ve master reset, I’ve even forgotten SYNC on my phone but nothing. I’ve googled it and looked at every webpage I can physically do and tried all suggestions. I’m at a total loss now 😞

Sounds like the bluetooth module has gone kaput.

It shouldn't be that difficult to replace. I believe the bluetooth system is part of the Sync module. This is a case of taking off the front fascia (2 torx (star shaped) screws and a few plugs) then taking out the CD player (again, two screws and a couple of plugs). The SYNC module is right behind, a smallish black box. More screws and plugs and it's a straight swap. Might have to undo the AC controls too, but again, that's just a couple of screws and panels out.

You can probably find a Sync module on eBay fairly cheaply now. A dismantling guide with pictures is somewhere on my build thread, where I talk about upgrading to sync 2/3.

It's not as scary as it sounds but I don't think it's something you can get sorted in time unless you visit a local scrappie today.

You should be able to put your music on a usb stick and plug that into the car as a workaround?

EDIT:

This is the SORT of item you are looking for, but it'd be a good idea to check the part numbers against the one in your car for compatibility, and that's IF I'm correct about the Sync module housing the bluetooth

@JW1982 will probably know, and may have other suggestions for a fix to try before replacement?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F193207742247

• Thanks 1

Thanks all - turns out it was just an update needed! Now the Ford update page is working again I managed to sort it 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club