Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiring colours for a trailer

2bit

Hello im looking for advice in which colour wires to connect to on my focus mk2 2009 hatchback 1.8tdi  amy help would be great as ive fitted the towbar only im a bit stuck which damn wires to connect every thing .

2 hours ago, 2bit said:

ive fitted the towbar only im a bit stuck which damn wires to connect every thing .

What system are you using for the trailer lights: Ford module, after market basic relay unit, or just direct connection with a buzzer?

I have a towbar, wired myself, using a basic relay unit.

hi mate im using a basic relay  any help would be great it the wiring on the car im a bit stuck with mate , i would think the wiring on the 2009 model will be the same as the 2006 model as ive got the same engine 1.8tdci .

1 hour ago, 2bit said:

im using a basic relay

Left Tail Lamp is Orange wire.

Right Tail is Orange/White

Left Indicator is Blue

Right Indicator is Blue / Red

Brake  is Green / Black or Green / Red or Green / Yellow, depending on point of access.

Reverse (if needed) is Green / Orange on hatchback (or Green / Black on estate)

I took most of the connections from the bundle in the boot on the right hand (driver's) side, just reverse & LH indicator had to be wired over from the other side. I used reverse to silence the park aid. The Ford system has a pin that can be grounded to disable it. For my after market unit, I had to use a separate relay to turn it off when the reverse light came on.

Power for my relay unit comes from the rear power point (cigar lighter socket), which has its own 15A fuse. Hatchback may not have this, but the same wire goes to the plug for the Ford tow module, it may be an Orange wire. I had to put a switch in to the power to the tow relay, which also enables the park aid when relay is turned off.

• Like 1

Hi mate im using a pct zr2000 relay right indicator i found on passenger side  /  yeah on my car ive found a few wires that corespond to what you have written on the drivers side as well  ,ill be on it a gain in the morning again haha ,yeah i found the cigar lighter point and made it long enough so the fuse holder is just popping out at side of the rear light so i can access the fuse with out having to take the rear panel out again to get to the fuse .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club