Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fords Free Car Breakdown Cover Renewal

PLB

My MK4 Focus will be 12 months old later this month but its first scheduled service is not due for another 12 months.

However, I find the car breakdown cover given free at each scheduled service useful especially due to the fact that it includes European cover.

Is there a very basic check that Ford offers (at a cost) that would enable me to get this free car breakdown cover renewed for a further year or alternatively is it possible to pay Ford for a year’s breakdown cover at a reasonable cost.

Well, yes the "convenience check" will get your cover renewed. Unfortunately the official Ford price for this is now £105 (it was £34.95 when I ordered my car 2 years ago - so quite some increase.) At least one member has been charged more, but others have reported dealers being willing to negotiate especially if a long standing customer. I've not seen anything about being able to pay separately for the cover.

51 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Well, yes the "convenience check" will get your cover renewed. Unfortunately the official Ford price for this is now £105 (it was £34.95 when I ordered my car 2 years ago - so quite some increase.) At least one member has been charged more, but others have reported dealers being willing to negotiate especially if a long standing customer. I've not seen anything about being able to pay separately for the cover.

Thanks for the reply.

I will give my dealer a call and see what they say.

My dealer only charges £43 for existing customers.

As I understand it, Ford Assistance is done by the AA, so even £105 is cheap, £43 is bargain of the year.

I bought my Focus second hand from Ford direct, so it came with two years , then doubled down and got a 3 year service plan from Ford, so should be OK for a while 😄

Tbh I have Green Flag recovery through my bank account and as it covers me for any vehicle I'm in it's far more useful but the Ford cover is a handy extra as it means they get the car directly sent to a dealership for rapid repairs etc.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes the Ford cover is very good. Includes Europe and home start plus taking the vehicle to a destination of your choice if they can't fix it. Ask the dealer if they can sell you the cover on its own. I know they can add it to a used car sale and it doesn't cost them very much at all (clearly less than £43 if they will include it in a £43 convenience check).

18 hours ago, PLB said:

Thanks for the reply.

I will give my dealer a call and see what they say.

Spoke to my dealer earlier today and they want to charge me £89.00 for 1 Hrs labour charge for the convenience check. 

Disappointing having to pay that when apparently other dealers are charging less.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club