Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost 2016

TrevorH

As the title states, looking to buy one of the above. Are there any known common issues that I should be looking for?

Mines 2017 and I love it.   No problems so far.   Drives like a 1.6.

Bit of an issue here:

Also several reports of manual gearbox synchro issues, particularly on 140 versions.

Basic engine seems pretty sound otherwise and as Bob says performance on a par with a normally aspirated 1.6.

Other issues as with any other Fiesta, a good search back through the Fiesta forum is worthwhile.

I have a 16 plate 140 black edition, like it says above I’m starting to experience synchro issues, had a leak in the radiator a few months ago meaning the car would lose power without warning. It’s also been in garage for multiple other little things. If you’re going to buy one I would %100 make sure it comes with 18month +  warranty, the car itself is a fun car plenty of power, 45+ mpg without even trying, £20 tax for the year, Had mine for nearly a year and I can honestly say I can’t wait to get rid of it and that’s my honest opinion. Cheers Matt. 

8 hours ago, TrevorH said:

As the title states, looking to buy one of the above

How much are you planning on spending.?

My 2016 ST-Line 140 in Magnetic Grey is still for sale at a dealers for around £8,500 or on a finance deal.

I doubt you'll find a better example, I looked after it well, never driven harshly never did any journeys of less than about 10 miles so engine always up to temp.

Paintwork was like new no swirls etc... Mechanically was perfect for the 3 years I had it, fully serviced by Ford, brake fluid changed at 2 years, aircon regassed on 3rd service. 31,000 on miles.

If you want the details let me know

I have a 2014 version of the same thing, not a high milage about 50k kilometers. Overall this has been a reliable car but a few small faults have arisen:

- aircon/fan failure which meant it would only operate on full (fixed under warranty but nominal cost €100, they sent me a bill by mistake)

- manual gear box needed mildly adjusted due to problems getting into certain gears €55

- handnbrake jammed, cost €250 (including totally new handbrake)

All these faults arose from the start of 2019 on wards. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club