Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damaged alloy wheel problem

wild_one

Looks like i've got another ruined alloy wheel from a pothole, the second this year! Obviously, not just the wheel but the tyre is ruined too. I'd like to have a 'proper' steel spare instead of the bottle of 'jollop' in the boot which has failed me again. Looking for Fiesta steel wheels in 16" size is like looking for hens teeth. Can I use a Mondeo wheel instead?

7 minutes ago, Cragrat said:

Isn't the Mondeo wheel 5 hole?

bummer! Although i am pretty desperate!

Why do you need a 16" spare?  Unless you have massive brakes the normal ones should fit for emergency use.

Personally I'd go for a space saver anyway though.  Don't forget you'll also need the jack and brace as well.

I dont think Ford ever fitted 16" steel wheels to the Fiesta. 15" ones should be easy to come by. These are fitted to the poverty spec models.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

I dont think Ford ever fitted 16" steel wheels to the Fiesta. 15" ones should be easy to come by. These are fitted to the poverty spec models.

OK, so a 15" size would do to 'get me home'.

Option A full size 15" spare with jack etc
Option B space saver 15" spare with jack etc

Absolutely! It would do for as long as you can put up with having an odd wheel fitted to your car.

1 minute ago, Luke4efc said:

Absolutely! It would do for as long as you can put up with having an odd wheel fitted to your car.

I'm guessing having an odd size wheel won't do much for my lap times, but its better than no spare on a rainy cold night on the motorway?

Seriously, I just need an emergency spare and if I don't 'need' a 16" to match the other wheels I'm happy with a 15"

If it is just an emergency spare to get you home or to the tyre shop then just get a space saver (Clicky here, although you can get them slightly cheaper than this if you hunt around). This should fit in place of the foam piece under the boot carpet and still have the carpet sit flush.

Otherwise you can get a full sized spare instead of the foam thing (clicky here for an example). However this will take up more room in the boot (and the floor wont sit flush if you put it underneath). You will be able to drive over 50mph with this option though.

• Thanks 1

the normal spare ford supplied for fiesta was 175/64/14, which is not a skinny spacesaver wheel, it is the full size wheel from the base model (studio) and the econetic diesels. 

plenty on eBay some with unused tyres on as they have spent whole life in boot of zetec etc models as spare wheel was supplied as standard on fiestas up to at least 2008..  the wheel was the same from 2002 onwards.  Although you might get one with unused tyre on, some of these might now have quite an old tyre. All tyres for at least 30 years have the date made in the side wall moulding - usually only on one side.   Format is 4 digits which represent week and year, eg. 2708 is week number 27 of 2008. (July 2008)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club